Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the reasons I believe there is a God
This is a line from a book that I read: For the scientists who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself ove the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.

The astronomical evidence for God must be strong when atheistic physicists admit that "the universe exploded out of nothingness by chance." I believe in the big bang, I don't believe it was an act of random chance.

There is a thing called the anthropic principle. It has to do with the constants of the earth that allow humans to survive here. There are about 123 in all. Things like the strength of gravity on earth or the percentage of oxygen in the air or the placement of the planets or the speed at which the earth rotates, stuff like that. Well an astrophysicist named Hugh Ross calculated the probability that all these constants would be given to one planet out of the 10^22 planets in the universe since the big bang. The probability of one planet being given these attributes is one in 10^138. That is an extremely large number. For comparison there are only 10^70 atoms in the entire universe. Atoms. My point in all this is that there is vintually zero chance that we are here simply because of luck.

I have no faith there is a God because faith is required to believe in something that there is no evidence for. I have been thinking a lot about the existence of a God. I have been reading this. After a few chapters I have come to realize the obviousness of the truth. Read the book, it is really good. Even if you don't believe in God you should read it to avoid being ignorant. The way the data is presented in the book is simple and straight forward.

Please don't criticize me until you have read the book. I am happy to talk about what I believe and I don't think less of anyone else for what they believe; even if they are wrong.

Messages In This Thread
One of the reasons I believe there is a God - by Annuit Coeptis - 06-23-2011, 09:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destroy/Rebuild Until God Shows -Infectious 6 1,007 08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Last Post: JDBar
  Reasons to delete Facebook Gerira 13 1,436 07-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Launcher
  God woman NekoChan 11 2,095 07-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Last Post: NekoChan
  who created god. Socrates 149 48,489 03-18-2011, 06:09 AM
  Sick woman praises God for tragedy in Japan Fragma 26 4,899 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM