Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaming killing my relationships? Please help.
Alright so basically, the title says a lot, but I might need to go into depth.

Alright so I am kind of one of those hardcore gamers. Usually hanging around HF in the xbox section and the Halo section. This summer, I rarely went out. I only hung out with my best friend maybe 4-5 times and hung out with my girlfriend almost every weekend. Basically when I wasn't out, I was playing Halo 3 for 6-10 hours a day. I must say I feel rather disgusted with myself now. No matter how disgusted I feel with myself, I will always go back to play Halo 3 the very next day when I wake up.

Alright so here is where the second and main part of my problem comes in. I can't really even get my 2 best friends to hang out much anymore. I started losing interest in my girlfriend for a few days. I told her that, but we worked through it... I'm happy with my relationship with her right now, but I lost 2 of my best friends. I feel like this is an addiction and I don't want to lose anymore feelings for my girlfriend. Besides that, my family doesn't see me as much anymore either because I'm always in the basement playing. I have anger problems. I get mad very fast and I get very aggressive at times.
I want to get rid of this addiction. I felt so much happier when I didn't play it before. Is there any way I can stop playing the games all together? I just want to get rid of the cause of my anger and separation from other people.
Sorry for the wall of text... I just could use some help dealing with this...

Note:
There is no need to reply to this thread anymore... It is from a long time ago and these problems have been solved.
Stop getting your post count up

Messages In This Thread
Gaming killing my relationships? Please help. - by iTz Realiity - 08-18-2010, 11:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  me, insecurity and relationships robcooley123 7 1,918 12-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Last Post: pgcar
  Ehh... Relationships are hard :( Astrael 1 911 07-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Last Post: masami
  My Thoughts of Trust in Relationships Metapod 4 1,347 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: username999
  I have a serious issue sex and relationships. K3STR3Lx 7 1,160 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Starbreak
  this is KILLING me! Reykjavik 7 1,116 06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Last Post: sockatobi