Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to build your forum community easily?
I think that the paidtoreg members should not get paid (under the reg AND post option) until the administrator of the site comes back to paidtoreg.com and validates for quality. Here's why:

You have to upload two documents to your root server so that you can keep track of registered members and their post count. If you have a member who just posts crap, DELETE his posts. don't junk them, don't hide them, outright DELETE them. This forces him to repost or else he doesn't get paid. The thing is, this stuff updates automatically, so if you don't catch the spam posts and they reach their limit (lets say you bought 100 members with 100 posts a piece) and they post 100 spam posts and you don't catch them first, they get paid for their posts and you get stuck with 100 spammy posts whether you delete them or not.

I also disabled post count in places like the introduction forum, the lounge, any place they can post crap at I disabled post count there. For mybb you can also get the plugin from mybbcentral to delete all of a member's posts and ban them, this works wonders in a situation like this.

Also you can make minimum post character count be like 100 or something like that so that they HAVE to post quality information. maybe not 100, but enough so that they can't just spam junk on the site.

Your mods and admins will have to be on their toes during the campaign time, just to ensure that they don't spam and crap and you get quality posts. After the campaign time is over you can reset everything to normal again.
Fight Human Trafficking | Slavery Report
Discuss Space, Science, and Exploration | Space Inhabitation Coalition

Messages In This Thread
RE: Want to build your forum community easily? - by MasterZuFu - 04-30-2010, 06:16 PM