Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone else excel in foreign languages?
(12-20-2009, 09:14 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Well, first you should acknowledge that Spanish is not that different from English. English is sort of a 'hybrid' between Germanic languages and Romance languages. Spanish is a romance language, and is one of the more simple languages an English speaker can learn. I think that you should go to studyspanish.com and go through the lessons. However, you should also take an assignment for example, look at a problem which you don't understand, and then ask about it on vark.com or answers.yahoo.com. Have the answerer explain it to you, and write down the explanation and study it. For example, if you are confused as to when you should use los instead of las, you can easily learn the difference from studyspanish OR from another person on Yahoo! Answers.

I also think you should try to make yourself be interested in it. For example, try to find some bands that sing the genre of msuic which yo uenjoy, or find a movie that is in Spanish but also a genre that you enjoy. I found "El Laberinto del Fauno" (Pan's Labyrinth) to be really interesting. This helps a lot with pronunciation and listening skills.

Another thing you should do is, even if you're not required to by the class, make a vocabulary list of 20 words per week and study them. Write them down, write the definition, use them in sentences (in Spanish!) and study anything 'challenging', such as accent marks. Make a new list every week. The reason you want to do this is because as you progress in foreign language classes, you'll eventually have to start reading. If you are familiar with the words and their pronunciation, it'll be a breeze and you'll get a good grade.

This especially helps when you are required to write essays or about yourself in the language.

Sorry, I have to go now. If I think of anything else, I'll edit it in.

Yeah, but the thing is I find Spanish soo boring, I can't even spend a few minutes on my Spanish classwork or homework. I just have absolute no interest in it. I can't stay awake when doing Spanish homework T.T
[Image: 29ol3br.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone else excel in foreign languages? - by Kharnage - 12-20-2009, 09:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Learning Languages mikinsmith 16 2,089 09-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Akihiko