Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some basic security considerations.
(10-05-2009, 10:28 PM)D3N Wrote: itshidden is a lie, they wouldn't be able to report us to our ISP if no logs were kept.

Code:
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.

Now that really surprises me!

Where did you find that quote?

I couldn't see that anywhere on their web site!

I would never have included that point in the thread, if I had known about that and I hope you all forgive that slip-up, but I just took them at their word!

The reason I dd that, is because I have spent a few years living in the Netherlands in the past, where this service is provided from, and I always thought that the Dutch people were pretty progressive, laid-back, yet very professional with it and it does come as a bit of a surprise to know that they don't seem to be doing what they say they would, or, rather they are doing, what they said that they would not be doing!

Point 5 on their main page reads as follows:

'* Total Privacy, no records of your surfing are kept by us [Paid/Free]'

Also on another page there:

'We do not store any information as we are not required to do so.'

I did wonder though, about whether or not any supposedly anonymous proxy or VPN service, who proclaim that you are completely anonymous etc, would in fact keep records, despite their privacy claims!

Maybe though, they have to say that, as a kind of disclaimer, to protect themselves, in any case of an abuse of their TOS. If they didn't say that, they may get problems, if their service was used for anything pretty bad, by whichever authority.

Also, maybe that doesn't mean that they check up on people per se,
but they do have that option, if a case arises, whereby they need to access those details.

I've amended the thread now, to highlight this point.

Thanks for pointing this out!
(10-05-2009, 10:53 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I just sent an e-mail. Their "contact us" email is support@itshidden.com.
I'll be sure to post here, should I receive a response.

And yes, it's how most of these businesses thrive Sad

I'll be interested to know what they have to say about this
and I'll keep an eye out for any feedback you get from them.

Messages In This Thread
Some basic security considerations. - by UID=0 - 10-04-2009, 11:11 PM
RE: Some basic security considerations. - by D3N - 10-05-2009, 10:28 PM
RE: Some basic security considerations. - by UID=0 - 10-05-2009, 11:53 PM
RE: Some basic security considerations. - by D3N - 10-05-2009, 10:49 PM
RE: Some basic security considerations. - by D3N - 10-06-2009, 12:58 AM
RE: Some basic security considerations. - by matt - 10-07-2009, 06:17 PM
RE: Some basic security considerations. - by Cakk - 10-09-2009, 10:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 43 Cyber Security Tools to Improve Your Network Security tk-hassan 0 702 01-29-2020, 04:00 AM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  [Basic Security] Test Your Security Here cheeseburger 22 7,913 04-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  [Guide]Very basic guide for general security Zurmi 14 6,307 11-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Zurmi