Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C++ stdio.h rename function problem
Wow, woke up and re-read this... For one, the way i've done it above doesn't even specify Arr as a pointer... What a dumb mistake that was. I still need to find a way to define a full const of pointer type char though, to be used.

Problem I can't wrap my head around is the fact that dereferencing the char pointer will automatically call it to not accept a char string, and while it's dereferenced I can't change it's value because it's like trying to change the const char * variable directly, which is prohibited because of it's const property. While if I try to call it's address, I can't add onto the variable because i'm dealing with memory addresses, and not it's base value, therefore I can't add anything to it to make it a char string because I would be adding onto the memory address which would be bad.

Edit: A bit farther but this is why I like using std:Confusedtring and I hate using character strings... I don't know why they can't just accept input from std:Confusedtring...

Messages In This Thread
RE: C++ stdio.h rename function problem - by AceInfinity - 01-14-2012, 08:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Visual stdio [c] RANA 0 592 11-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Last Post: RANA
  [C] Factorial function Commodore 1 933 11-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Last Post: RANA
  [C] Prime number function Commodore 2 5,105 10-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Commodore
  Problem with a member function of a class charnet3d 2 1,024 10-31-2009, 03:22 AM
Last Post: charnet3d