Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox 7 and 8 (Aurora and Nightly) - Alpha releases
I've been using Aurora for a while, and now i'm onto Nightly. I must say, firefox is now my most favorited browser out there. It's pretty fast, they've been working on performance all this time no doubt.

I had ton's of addons that were incompatible, but I recently modified an addon that I use a lot so that it's now compatible with Firefox version 8 (8.0a1). Live HTTP Headers

Preview:
[Image: ilw73w.png]

Nightly:
[Image: ilwFZS.png]

You'll notice that trying to install the original version shows up as incompatible. If you want MY version, shoot me a PM for the download to the addon file. Just drag it over into your addon window to install. Restart firefox and voila Smile

Enjoy

I would highly recommend that if you're not a developer though, and if you don't have lots of knowledge with the way Firefox works, that you stick with Firefox 7 (Aurora) because 8 is still fairly new, and there's more work to be done on it. Not to say it's completely bugged, but just to stay on the safe side. I haven't found any bugs so far, but use your own discretion for deciding whether or not to go all the way to version 8. They even recommend running it in a VirtualBox just in case.

There's a 64 bit and 32 bit version of Nightly, I'd recommend running the 32 bit if you can, as you'll encounter a hassle when you try to get Flash player. If you try to install flash using a 64 bit web browser you'll get a nice message saying that you can't.

Messages In This Thread
Firefox 7 and 8 (Aurora and Nightly) - Alpha releases - by AceInfinity - 07-30-2011, 08:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about Firefox 4 Pre Alpha? ßeowulf 10 2,506 12-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Reece