Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Email Notification for Emotional Support
It's not an alright Idea, we still should encourage activity here. If people are going to contribute to a thread, i'm sure the prefix won't stop them anyway. If they can't read the thread to check whether the original poster has said that it was all the help he/she needed that shouldn't be the original posters fault. Like I said it would benefit more in a technical area of the forum where problems can be affirmed as being solved 100%.

If someone has depression, the depression won't end, it's still there, it may feel better from day to day, and worse on the odd day, but there's no surefire cure for it. Typically psychologists say that a person with depression will experience it worse the next time they go into a depressed state because of the psychological effect it has on the persons mind of feeling that they failed at something (causing them to go back to being depressed). This would only make the person believe even more that whatever they do can't solve anything because they will always end up in the same hole they began in. Emotional support is different, so i'd never agree with this suggestion.

Maybe for the computer support areas of the forum as i've stated. Hijackthis team has their mods to close the forum as Quintus does when a thread is solved. For any computer support forum, people could have a prefix.

If the persons problem happens to change because the situation is unpredictable, what if they encounter something else after they have confirmed it as "No more help needed"? They will only end up changing the prefix again and asking for more help, whereas in the computer support area, if it's solved, it's solved, and any further problems are a new problem in most cases.

In sum, I'd have to say that for anyone who needs help it would be nice to have continuous support while you're trying to solve a problem, and/or even after the problem has been solved, for motivation to keep it going. Whether the problem is solved or not. Without prefixes it would be easier to update your thread with newer events as well.

It's just not a good idea, I can provide more of my reasons for why I think it wouldn't suit the Emotional support section, but I have thought of how this could benefit any general computer problem area of the forum, (Other than malware that the HJ squad deals with). Hardware problems, program issues, compatibility, custom builds, error messages, etc..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Email Notification for Emotional Support - by AceInfinity - 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Email Design Best Practices: How to Design the Perfect Email Newsletter atekur1234 0 854 03-13-2017, 12:26 AM
Last Post: atekur1234
  Email Design Best Practices: How to Design the Perfect Email Newsletter atekur1234 0 804 03-13-2017, 12:24 AM
Last Post: atekur1234
  Bad image notification Brandon 6 1,303 12-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Skill
  Notification: SF Theme Glitch... Resistance 4 1,210 11-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Last Post: MarkW7
  [Suggestion] Emotional 'Support' Reality 7 1,515 10-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Omniscient