Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
★★★[What is Draining My Car Battery!!!!]★★★
(09-14-2010, 07:56 AM)Dcrac23 Wrote: That is correct it very well could be your amp is draining your battery this happens with most vehicles with a after market stereo system. Go to any audio store and get you a 1 farad capacitor and you will not ever have this problem again. Or you could just take the power cord out of your amp every time you park and then re connect it. Although what you could do is mount a yellow top optima battery in your trunk with brackets so it won't move or nothing. Then run your power cords to your battery in the trunk then bam problem solved but at night I would reccomend disconnecting the battery cables in your trunk so it doesn't run down the battery. Oh btw I used to install competition Sound systems in cars for a living 4 years ago.

See i really dont think this is the correct way to wire an amp.
You need to have your supply running through a relay that is not always active.
Ignition circuit is normally used. That way when the car is turned off there is no capacity for the amp to draw any current as the relay is off.
I understand what your saying. Use a capacitor to keep some charge in the amp so when you turn it on there is not pop sort of noise.
But the key her is to take the amp off direct circuit.
Even an amp turned off will draw current if directly connected to the battery.
One in a circuit to the ignition will not.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Messages In This Thread
RE: ★★★[What is Draining My Car Battery!!!!]★★★ - by DAMINK™ - 09-15-2010, 02:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your Favorite Dream Car Dcrac23 233 132,724 05-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Detective RooTz
  My car Psychosis 28 8,736 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Car Picture of the day . sunexim 5 973 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Oveяloяd
  What car would you buy? XACTLYSIN 28 10,360 11-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: jamessaunders832
  New Honda Car sunexim 0 707 11-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: sunexim