Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why java
this is just a 'poll' if why you use java and wut kind of applications you write with it
slowly getting better
The reason I started learning Java was because I noticed there are plenty of games that use Java and it would not be a bad idea to learn. Minecraft got me hooked on coding. :p
thats cool, I guess thats a legitimate reason to start. ive touched every language except java so I MUST give it a try
bttw we have/had the same avatar, I need to change mine
slowly getting better
I started because I wanted to learn from a teacher, and not YouTube videos.
Java can be used as emulators, I play a game and private servers used Java as an emulator and I looked more into it Smile
I use Java cause it's all over Operating Systems and Games mainly use it.
I've used java for several things, one of the main reasons being to code clients for a video game called Minecraft.
I well i code java for games and and sometimes for websites that need java, java is a awesome language to code with and i enjoy it and always will.
Tbh, there is no real reason to choose Java over other languages, unless it has to due with Minecraft. It is just like a more complex version of C#, and they both have dependencies. So imho java is just a worse c#. I try not to compare languages that much, but that is what I think. Every language has its own place and specialty. Like cobalt with DB's, vb.net/c# for simplicity, cpp for fast and powerful dev, ect.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Java help from java expert. Blazin 2 1,892 09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Java help php 1 809 04-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Last Post: php
  Java Problem for real java programmer Testgamma1 10 4,412 03-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Last Post: uber1337
  How do i get java Mozz 4 1,249 02-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Mozz
  Java Help Gone 3 840 01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Gone