Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holden Commodore Serpentine Belt.
Just a thread from my forum but i felt it could be useful here?
Its just how to change the serpentine belt for a 6 cyl engine. I imagine the buick is the same?

The correct setup of the Holden Commodore VS V6 serpentine belt is as below.
Sorry about the crappy pic but i was being a little lazy the day i made it Tongue

[Image: 12342367517247_serpentine.jpg]

Now some people say that it takes 2 people to change this.
Well they are wrong. Now all you need to do is place the serpentine belt on as pic with the exception of the alternator. Now you will notice it doesnt reach the alternator. Thats fine. Just get your 15mill spanner onto your tensioner and pull down anti clockwise on the bolt and the tensioner will lower. Now once that does you will be able to push your serpentine belt over the alternator and all is done.

Simple really but just thought i would post it as i forgot how to do it and it took me about 20 min to remember.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Actually, i don't believe this is how all 6cyl engines are. I have seen multiple that are different.
But overall, great thread.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Yea agree. There are millions of combinations. Depending on what country and what engine. But this is a buick engine that is available in Australia. I image there would be a few differences but thought i would just post it anyway.
It was like i said taken from my forum which is mostly all Aussies so they new what i was on about.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Yeah, but thanks for the picture. I would rep you for being a fellow car guy, and one of my favorite members, but i'm out of reps for the day.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Yeah I remember the first time I changed a commi belt I must admit I had a bitch of a time especially because the belt had snapped off and I hadn't atleast had a chance to see it on at first to give me an idea of how it went back on but I knew wich direction tha motor cranked over & figured that tha flat side of the belt has to go against tha flat side of tha tensioners/pulley's & that tha grooved side had to go against tha grooved side of tha pulley's/harmonic balance I eventually figured it out. But this should come in handy for anyone who is attempting to change their own belt on this vehicle.

oh yeah, aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi........... haha

B@nNeD
Hi. I am agree with you there is lots of combination according to the conditions like plase and same with engine.
I also have few mor information about Holden commodore belt and
cylinder

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  changing serpentine belt dashahman 0 574 07-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Last Post: dashahman