Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do any of you actually use PHP from the CLI?
I love PHP. I started using it for Web Development, but lately I've become completely uninterested in running it through a webserver, instead running it directly from the CLI for general purpose scripts.

As such, I've become greatly annoyed at the lack of threading and I'm actually now learning C, but for quick little scripts, I still love PHP from the CLI.

I also find it's a lot more fun to code PHP for CLI usage entirely. Especially when you start using the ncurses extension.

How about you guys?
[Image: TYzKF.png]
I've never used PHP. I am hoping to learn it soon. How long have you been coding?
Coder | Skype: EleganceHF | AIM: Chief
(09-03-2011, 07:55 PM)CaptainFX Wrote: I've never used PHP. I am hoping to learn it soon. How long have you been coding?

A few years now, but mostly just playing with it every now and then. I didn't really do much with it until about a year ago, when I got pretty heavy into it.
(09-03-2011, 08:04 PM)Orgy Wrote: A few years now, but mostly just playing with it every now and then. I didn't really do much with it until about a year ago, when I got pretty heavy into it.
Just out of curiosity what did you do with it?

I have a basic understanding put no real projects to do.
Besides making little pages echoing stuff and making dynamic signatures xD
Chase your dreams, and if it doesn't work, dream a new dream. -Louis “Coach” Presutti
(09-03-2011, 08:06 PM)Mark Zuckerberg Wrote: Just out of curiosity what did you do with it?

What do you mean?
(09-03-2011, 08:08 PM)Orgy Wrote: What do you mean?
What projects have you started?
Chase your dreams, and if it doesn't work, dream a new dream. -Louis “Coach” Presutti
(09-03-2011, 08:10 PM)Mark Zuckerberg Wrote: What projects have you started?

A various few. What really got me into it full time was twBooter, which you may have heard of. From there I started doing freelance work for a few different clients.
I absolutely love PHP. But i also like to code C# for general purpose applications, and maybe java once in awhile for Android Apps. Personally I can never think of anything to do with all the coding that I've learned. So basically I know how to do it, but just don't know what to do.
(09-04-2011, 12:23 PM)FritoBandito Wrote: I absolutely love PHP. But i also like to code C# for general purpose applications, and maybe java once in awhile for Android Apps. Personally I can never think of anything to do with all the coding that I've learned. So basically I know how to do it, but just don't know what to do.

Yeah, I very rarely actually have an idea of something to create, and when I figure something out, it all hits me like a stack of bricks. I currently have 4 projects underway, lol
(09-04-2011, 04:25 PM)Orgy Wrote: Yeah, I very rarely actually have an idea of something to create, and when I figure something out, it all hits me like a stack of bricks. I currently have 4 projects underway, lol

lol. I try my best to come up with some stuff, but most of the time I don't. Unless someone helps me. And what are the projects?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PHP Framework List: An Ultimate Guide to 102 PHP Frameworks for Web Developers tk-hassan 0 759 07-27-2020, 11:26 PM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  PHP Video Tutorials (PHP For Beginners) Eleqtriq 4 3,236 10-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Greyersting
  Introduction: PHP CLI Jamza 2 1,172 10-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Akshay*