Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MyBB] How to Force/Remove postbit styles.
Please note, this.is.not.mine. Original thread can be found here

With MyBB 1.4.x and 1.6.x, there are 2 postbit styles to choose from. The classic postbit has all the user details on the left of the post, the same as MyBB 1.2.x, and the horizontal postbit shows the same information above the post. A lot of people have asked how to remove a postbit style, or force it on users. You may want to do this to make sure everyone is seeing the same thing, because one postbit style works better with your theme than another, or you just don't like one of them. I'll now show you what I consider to be the best way of doing it.

First, we'll delete the option for people to change their postbit style. To do this, go to [b]ACP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> **expand template set** --> User Control Panel Templates --> usercp_options. Now, search for this code:

Code:
<tr>
    <td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="1" {$classicpostbitcheck} /></td>
    <td><span class="smalltext"><label for="classicpostbit">{$lang->show_classic_postbit}</label></span></td>
    </tr>

If you want to force the classic postbit, replace it with this:

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="1" />

If you want to force the horizontal postbit, replace it with this:

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="0" />

Now, when you go to User CP > Edit Option, you will notice the option to change your postbit style has gone. Next, we must force the postbit style we want.

If you want to put everybody on the classic postbit, run this query in PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager:

PHP Code:
UPDATE `mybb_usersSET `classicpostbit` = '1' WHERE `classicpostbit` = '0' 

If you want to put everybody on the horizontal postbit, run this query in PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager:

PHP Code:
UPDATE `mybb_usersSET `classicpostbit` = '0' WHERE `classicpostbit` = '1' 

Remember to make sure yout table prefix (mybb_ here) is correct.

Now, all your users will have your desired postbit style and will be unable to change it Smile Also make sure that 'ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Options > Post Layout' is what you want to force, as this is what will be used by guests and new users.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Usergroup Styles Mybb [tut] BannedPoop 26 4,605 08-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BannedPoop
  How to Make your MYBB Central Plugin Compatible with new Mybb Billy Mays 3 1,870 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Mays
  MyBB Postbit - Add Custom Profile Fields. Sam 8 6,569 07-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Last Post: alv4
  How do I remove the categories :( Gpizzle 3 1,031 04-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Mammoth
  Horizontal postbit's layout probs crazy4cs 0 627 12-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Last Post: crazy4cs