Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Watch] Slacker (1991)
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB4xlYKAVCQ[/yt]

Wikipedia Wrote:Slacker is a uniquely structured and seemingly plotless film, following a single day in the life of an ensemble of mostly twenty-something bohemians and misfits in Austin, Texas. The film follows various characters and scenes, never staying with one character or conversation for more than a few minutes before picking up someone else in the scene and following them. The characters include Linklater as a talkative taxi passenger, a UFO buff who insists the U.S. has been on the moon since the 1950s, a JFK conspiracy theorist, an elderly anarchist who befriends a man trying to burgle his house, a serial television set collector and a woman trying to sell a Madonna pap smear. The woman selling the pap smear appears on the movie poster, and was played by Butthole Surfers drummer Teresa Taylor.
After reading the text, the movie sounds very interesting. I might watch it tomorrow. Thanks for the share Thumbsup
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
(05-16-2011, 01:42 PM)The Stig Wrote: After reading the text, the movie sounds very interesting. I might watch it tomorrow. Thanks for the share Thumbsup

I haven't seen this movie since I was like 8-9 yo. I just seen the Movies feature on Youtube, they have amazing movies I haven't seen in a while, I'll be checking them.
Quote:I haven't seen this movie since I was like 8-9 yo. I just seen the Movies feature on Youtube, they have amazing movies I haven't seen in a while, I'll be checking them.

Yeah, i haven't checked them out myself, before I got the link a couple of days ago, and i spotted some good movies. I am gonna see, when i get some time.
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
This seems like a really strange sort of film but hey I am in a nice chilled mood so I will check it out.
[Image: sinaturee.png]
(05-17-2011, 06:05 PM)h-boy Wrote: This seems like a really strange sort of film but hey I am in a nice chilled mood so I will check it out.

A lot of People, tell the Movie simply sucks, script sucks, actors sucks, etc...
IMO, the actors give the Movie an "real" feeling, like someone is actually filming real People in real situations, the constant character switch is simply amazing and something not seen often, simply because it's hard to accomplish.

I can only recommend this Movie to everyone, I like it, and you can build your own view...
Quote:The film follows various characters and scenes, never staying with one character or conversation for more than a few minutes before picking up someone else in the scene and following them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you need a site to watch movies. Kuroi 14 2,854 01-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Rihsky
  Santa Gets Down with His Bad Self!!!! MUST WATCH BreShiE 6 653 12-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Last Post: DaUB3R
  Slacker.com Elektrisk 7 807 06-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Thomas
  I need a new t.v. series to watch. Elektrisk 24 3,836 10-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Last Post: UID=0