Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$1700 School Grant = Car?
Okay so I'm getting at least $1700 from a school grant in 2 weeks. I want (more of a need) to buy a car. What should I look for in a used car, what should I avoid, and what's an average price for a decent car. Not too many problems, good paint, etc. Please help! Thanks!
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
It really depends on what you're wanting to get, how many miles are on it, what kind of shape it's in, and if you'd need to do work on it when you bought it. I paid $4,600 for my car in 2008, with around 132,000 miles on it. If I were to sell it right now, though, I could probably only get maybe $2,000 out of it. It's still a good car, though. All I've had to do is get new tires, and routine maintenance.
Well since you said school grant, i'm guessing your around 16 years old and you won't want to be driving some ugly minivan. I saw a 2003 Mustang with 102,000 miles for only $3,000. As far as what you want to avoid, I would say a car with high autoinsurance. For sports cars, you'll be paying a decent amount more than a regular car.
If you can tell me where you live then I can maybe do a search and provide you with some good deals.
Anyways, here is what you need to know about a used car :-
1) If you need a really good car, then go to a mechanic and have him come with you to the place where you want to buy a car from. Pay him a little bit more for his services. At least you will have the satisfaction that your car is "Automechanic CERTIFIED". This is what I did when buying my used car.
2) Go to this site and check out some more details - CLICK HERE
I hate sex in the movies. Tried it once, the seat folded up, the drink spilled and that ice,
well it really chilled her mood.

[Image: 506243.png]
(05-14-2011, 10:55 PM)Amp™ Wrote: Well since you said school grant, i'm guessing your around 16 years old and you won't want to be driving some ugly minivan. I saw a 2003 Mustang with 102,000 miles for only $3,000. As far as what you want to avoid, I would say a car with high autoinsurance. For sports cars, you'll be paying a decent amount more than a regular car.

Alright thanks for the insurance tip. Smile I am actually 19, and in college.

(05-15-2011, 07:07 AM)Telhast Wrote: If you can tell me where you live then I can maybe do a search and provide you with some good deals.
Anyways, here is what you need to know about a used car :-
1) If you need a really good car, then go to a mechanic and have him come with you to the place where you want to buy a car from. Pay him a little bit more for his services. At least you will have the satisfaction that your car is "Automechanic CERTIFIED". This is what I did when buying my used car.
2) Go to this site and check out some more details - CLICK HERE

If you could, I would greatly appreciate it. I know almost nothing about cars, never was a strong point of mine Tongue
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
Its a shame really because of the fact your a male and your 19 the insurance company's are going to feel it necessary to charge you an extortionate amount of money. I have been wanting to buy a car for a while now I have money to buy one but the insurance company's want more money then the amount I am paying for the car. What annoys me the most is that it is such a sexist system they want to charge me £5000 insurance a year yet a girl I know with the same car and the same age is only paying around £900
[Image: sinaturee.png]
(05-15-2011, 07:55 AM)h-boy Wrote: Its a shame really because of the fact your a male and your 19 the insurance company's are going to feel it necessary to charge you an extortionate amount of money. I have been wanting to buy a car for a while now I have money to buy one but the insurance company's want more money then the amount I am paying for the car. What annoys me the most is that it is such a sexist system they want to charge me £5000 insurance a year yet a girl I know with the same car and the same age is only paying around £900

You also have to think about how long the other person has been driving. Where I'm from, insurance is higher when you first start driving, because you're an unexperienced driver. Once you drive for 5 years, the unexperienced driver charge comes off of your insurance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your Favorite Dream Car Dcrac23 233 128,270 05-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Detective RooTz
  My car Psychosis 28 8,038 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Car Picture of the day . sunexim 5 886 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Oveяloяd
  What car would you buy? XACTLYSIN 28 9,882 11-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: jamessaunders832
  New Honda Car sunexim 0 662 11-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: sunexim