Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ISP blows
(04-30-2011, 05:40 PM)Jacob Wrote: Comcast brother Comcast !

http://www.onlinecomcast.com/oklahoma/ca...plans.aspx

Read before you post next time. I don't have Comcast here.
(04-30-2011, 05:43 PM)Solidify Wrote: Read before you post next time. I don't have Comcast here.

I feel bad for you. :/
SupportForums for promotion!
Comcast has a 250GB monthly bandwidth limit. But overall Comcast is a great ISP.
(05-01-2011, 08:19 AM)Xenon Wrote: Comcast has a 250GB monthly bandwidth limit. But overall Comcast is a great ISP.

Apparently there is not a Comcast ISP near his house Wacko
SupportForums for promotion!
(04-29-2011, 01:10 PM)RDCA Wrote: im pretty sure its in Canada, plus its cheap.

Comcast is an american company.... The only one we have is Shaw, Telus, Rogers, Bell, Videotron (For you guys in Quebec) and little ISPs.

I was on Shaw and I'd download a ton of stuff over 30GBs per month, and they don't ticket or anything. I'm on telus as of now and I'm scared of them more being what I download is torrented and they're the most legal tackling ISP. My best bet to you is get a router that can use Tomato Firmware. I do not recommend using DD-WRT, and Shaw for me has unlimited bandwidth and isn't crazy about legal issue. If possible go ask Shaw about bandwidth, and get a WRT45G and install Tomato.

I use Tomato personally and it has it's own built in bandwidth monitor, easy to port forward, you can get your DNS like No-IP and DynaDNS/OpenDNS to foward everything to them if you like for faster internet.
Holy s**t.
I'm happy with my ISP, not-so-low speed but unlimited bandwidth.
2.50$ is a hell of $
(05-02-2011, 10:14 AM)Boing7898 Wrote: Holy s**t.
I'm happy with my ISP, not-so-low speed but unlimited bandwidth.
2.50$ is a hell of $

2.50$ is now. If our government doesn't protect our internet usage, it will go up. That's why the upcoming federal elections for Canada are very important.
IS there grandfather clause in Canada? This sounds like a case of that. They can't bill you for something you already paid for once. You just cancelled the service after paying for it already. Take it to court.
[Image: 20kdvmw.gif]
I'm using AT&T basic package, it's 19.99 an month and it has unlimited bandwidth, YouTube speeds aren't great, maybe around 70kbps max, but that's all I need.
Call and ask for their legal department, scaring the crap out of them works every time.

Or just be really nice and state that you can't afford that and they might take it off!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google ISP InsideSin 15 1,895 02-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Ashy
  ISP problems for the better? Extasey 13 1,526 01-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.