Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
backup files
iv upgraded my vista windows (32bit) to windows 7 (32bit) and now I keep getting a prompt message to backup my files to DVD RW Drive D but I cant find where to just backup them up to my HDD Drive C anyone point me in the right direction.
The point of a backup is to do it to an external source, so if your HDD crashes you still have something to fall back on.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Firstly, you CANNOT back up your files to your main drive. As this would defeat the whole object of still having important files even if your Drive fails.

Here's a quick and easy tutorial on how to back up your files.

Im doing this on Vista atm, but I'm sure the steps will be pretty similar.

Click on Start(Windows icon, bottom left of your screen), then type in the search box at the bottom "Backup".

Wait for it to search and it should show a program called 'Backup And Restore Centre'. Open this.

Then click on 'Back up files' *If you are on a laptop you must have the power cord plugged in(because it will not allow you to backup whilst you are running on battery power)*

Insert a blank DVD, CD or plug in an external Hard Drive (USB) into your PC.

On the next screen you need to choose the Hard Drive you have installed Windows onto. (This will normally be the C/ drive)

Then just follow the steps, and this will back up the neccessary files.

Hope this helps.
I will edit it as I need to when I go onto my Desktop that is running Windows 7.

IBDF