Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XP doesn't install properly
Currently, I have a Lenovo s10e Notebook, when I got it it had Windows XP installed perfectly, but for some reason I didn't like it and install Windows 7. Now it's always slow and there are lots of errors. I tried to install Windows XP 2-3 weeks ago, but the screen resolution was too big and there was no way to reset it to 1024x568. Is there a problem with my drivers or something.
Well lemme think..You are saying that you Had XP and you Switched "TO" Windows 7 ? but you switched back cause of errors?
[Image: ibwj3Y.png]
Fire Flame..Fire..Fa..Fire Flame Stunna...100Million Dolla
Ok, first off, I can tell that you didnt do a drive wipe before you installed win 7, writing over an os is usually, if not always, extremely messy, especially when its a large jump between os like in your case, also, you may change your screen res by right clicking, also some monitors allow you to change it on them, id check your monitor. You should also check to make sure your video drivers are still valid, which im sure they are, because youd be operating in legacy mode with them. Also, if you have nvidia as your graphics card, you might want to check and see what its set to, I have had a few problems when installing operating systems where the nvidia card reconfiged itself, and I had to reset it to default settings.
Do you know how to resize your screen resolution?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 7 slowly getting slower, now doesn't work. Saga 48 5,911 08-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Date