Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandboxie [Download]
Sandboxie

Sandboxie allows you to run your programs in a sandbox to check it out. This can be great if you don't trust a download.

[Image: 9awmsp.jpg]
[Image: 2dad1g9.png]

The red arrows indicate changes flowing from a running program into your computer. The box labeled Hard disk (no sandbox) shows changes by a program running normally. The box labeled Hard disk (with sandbox) shows changes by a program running under Sandboxie. The animation illustrates that Sandboxie is able to intercept the changes and isolate them within a sandbox, depicted as a yellow rectangle. It also illustrates that grouping the changes together makes it easy to delete all of them at once.

Benefits of Sandboxie
  • Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
  • Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
  • Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
  • Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.

Sandboxie Video Reviews (3 Parts)

For help on using Sandboxie please visit : http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?HelpTopics

[Image: 16l0nlk.gif]

If you need additional help using Sandboxie please ask me in this thread and I will try my best to get back to you
http://www.sandboxie.com/
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
Did you make this or? Either way clever but some downloads have to use other programs that might located out of the sandbox...
(01-01-2010, 01:42 PM)Zomaian Wrote: Did you make this or? Either way clever but some downloads have to use other programs that might located out of the sandbox...

I put the guide/review/download/help thing together. You can just run the other program in sandboxie too if you want.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
Cool but I dont think I need it although it looks like a useful program for people that are clueless about what they are downloading Tongue.
Yea I use Sandboxie to test programs that I think are infected.
Def recommend if you want to do the same.
Viruses can still get into the sandbox area its not entirely trustworthy.
[Image: fade-Signature.gif]
-Thanks Extasey Thumbsup
The sandbox is really something everyone should have. I use it daily.

I should say, always update to the newest version if you use it to test out suspicious files.
Programmers that write crypters to encrypt trojans always find new ways to surpass the sandbox.

regards
Q
(01-08-2010, 08:43 AM)fade Wrote: Viruses can still get into the sandbox area its not entirely trustworthy.

What? You keep the virus in the sandbox not out.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I think you would be better off with VirtualBox by Sun.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MUST READ]Sandboxie and Buster Sandbox Analyzer.[Almost no tuts on BSA!]] bling111 2 1,858 05-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Last Post: tomamaer