Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAYG Mobile Broadband
Yes, it's what I'll be reduced to due to me moving home. The area I'll be living in can't get any signal from anyone. I can only get broadband through a phone line, which would cost another £122 to get it fitted, plus connections charges ect..
Anyway, £10 per 1gb usage. That's pathetic, it's gonna be used in a day or two.
Also, it's speed is 'upto 7.2mbs'. I'm used to Virgin Media 50mbs speeds. This sucks.
Anyone else use mobile broadband?
Nope, can't say i do.. Can you not get an Ex BT Engineer to fit you a phoneline presuming that your in the UK.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Where would I find an ex BT engineer to do it free? Nowhere probably. Yes, I'm in the UK.
Urm, for free very unlikly, unless it's a friend of yours, try ringing BT, and ask them what kind of deals they could do you on installation, or diffrent payment methods, example: spread payment over say 6month? or 3month?
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
It's non negotiable. It's £122 for an engineer to come fit the land line. That's it. I'm not paying that again.
I've used mobile broadband. It's crap. I used it for a week, then got fed up and switched provider. That "up to" actually means "absolute maximum".

Unless you're standing right next to the tower, you'll probably get half of that...
I did for a while and still have an account, with some credit.
The speed was up to 7mbps, i did prepaid mobile wireless broadband ($70), the data allowance was 8gig and you have 3 months until it expires. It was slow, like dialup slow, and drops out often. It was a nightmare, I don't use it anymore. The dongle is still up on the roof in a waterproof container. If you get poor signal get a usb extension cable and put the dongle on the roof of your house. Expect it to be super slow.

If i was you, i would consider forking out the £122 and connection fees, etc.

After trying to use mobile "broadband" through a friend's iPhone connected to my laptop, it's painfully slow to say the least. You won't be playing Counter-Strike on it anytime soon.

If I were you I'd pay the 122 quid.
Oh this sucks. I've been referred to an offer for free BT installation. There's hope afterall.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AT&T Buys T-Mobile Peter L 8 973 03-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Scalise