Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh crap - Missing BOOTMGR
This would be funny if I didn't have homework due thats on the lost sector.

I was installing ubuntu, selected the wrong thing and wiped my entire drive. I then booted up hirens bootcd and restored my partitiontable, but my boot partition got overwritten. Now when I boot, it gives me "BootMGR is missing, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

Ideas?

So far what I've done is:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildmbr

kthxbai
- Ankaku (HF member)
Install Windows.

/endthread

As much as Linux initially speeds your computer up, you use up way more time searching for plugins and freakin with terminal.
I sit in this small hole and think

the voices aren't real

but they have the most beautiful ideas.
I have windows. I need to restore my bootsector, the windows bootmgr.
(12-27-2010, 03:49 PM)Ankaku Wrote: I have windows. I need to restore my bootsector, the windows bootmgr.

Reinstall windows? -.-

the voices aren't real

yeah, thats what im gonna do. There's enough of the partition table left that I can back my crap up. Thanks anyway.

/thread
There's a way you can reinstall Windows without removing your files.

I forget what it is though.

the voices aren't real

(12-27-2010, 06:05 PM)Xander Wrote: There's a way you can reinstall Windows without removing your files.

I forget what it is though.

It's called a direct upgrade from an older version to a newer one. In this process, it will create a folder to your hard disk named "old.Windows" which contains your previous installation files and such. But if you still have the .iso file you downloaded you might want to re-burn it onto the disc because if you did it earlier, it might have been corrupted in somewhere and that's why it is "missing". I hope this helped you out!

Cheers,
J4mmy