Support Forums
Category Layout - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Category Layout (/showthread.php?tid=28881)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Category Layout - Cybr - 10-26-2014

I love how you can see the entire forum board (including subforums) in one page.

RE: Category Layout - RDCA - 10-26-2014

Can you make the text for subforums in each forum bigger? Or perhaps split Life Support into two sections? It seems a bit clustered and hard to read on my monitor.

RE: Category Layout - Cybr - 10-27-2014

(10-26-2014, 06:36 PM)RDCA Wrote: Can you make the text for subforums in each forum bigger? Or perhaps split Life Support into two sections? It seems a bit clustered and hard to read on my monitor.

I think maybe a few subforums in Life Support should be merged together, mainly the electronics-related subforums.

RE: Category Layout - RDCA - 10-27-2014

(10-27-2014, 04:45 PM)Cybr Wrote:
(10-26-2014, 06:36 PM)RDCA Wrote: Can you make the text for subforums in each forum bigger? Or perhaps split Life Support into two sections? It seems a bit clustered and hard to read on my monitor.

I think maybe a few subforums in Life Support should be merged together, mainly the electronics-related subforums.

If I'm not mistaken, they are good for SEO in terms of their names. Plus, overall, I think the sections themselves are well divided, especially for the type of traffic SF pulls. I just think that the subforum text should should be bigger. Personally, I wouldn't even be apposed to making all the text bigger, causing the entire div/span to be bigger, almost as if you had used the browser's zoom feature, but that may be a little much.

RE: Category Layout - Cybr - 10-27-2014

(10-27-2014, 04:54 PM)RDCA Wrote:
(10-27-2014, 04:45 PM)Cybr Wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, they are good for SEO in terms of their names. Plus, overall, I think the sections themselves are well divided, especially for the type of traffic SF pulls. I just think that the subforum text should should be bigger. Personally, I wouldn't even be apposed to making all the text bigger, causing the entire div/span to be bigger, almost as if you had used the browser's zoom feature, but that may be a little much.

I agree with the terms being there - would putting them in the description still be as effective?
I also think the small text & narrow division gives the page simplicity & elegance. Thumbsup

RE: Category Layout - D3xus - 10-28-2014

It might be best to add descriptions to the parent forums as well, to get a better idea of what each forum is about.

RE: Category Layout - Diabolic - 10-29-2014

(10-28-2014, 07:45 AM)D3xus Wrote: It might be best to add descriptions to the parent forums as well, to get a better idea of what each forum is about.

I would have to agree with this.

RE: Category Layout - Omniscient - 11-04-2014

Not sure I will do that.