Support Forums
Category Layout - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Category Layout (/showthread.php?tid=28881)

Pages: 1 2 3

Category Layout - Omniscient - 10-24-2014

Since I disabled My Tabbed menu for navigation I've decided to redo how we have categories listed. I'm liking it a lot how it is now.  It's fast and efficient.  Any comments? And if you don't know WTF I'm talking about just visit index page.

RE: Category Layout - Froggy - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 09:30 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Since I disabled My Tabbed menu for navigation I've decided to redo how we have categories listed. I'm liking it a lot how it is now.  It's fast and efficient.  Any comments? And if you don't know WTF I'm talking about just visit index page.

Heh. When I went back to the index I was confused for a second. I like it a lot better. Some people may complain about the small text, but it looks great to me.

RE: Category Layout - Galaxy - 10-24-2014

The columned subforums look much better. I didn't even notice that Tabbed Menu was compatible with 1.8 so far.

RE: Category Layout - Omniscient - 10-24-2014

I will very likely increase the text size. I haven't touched layout at all yet from default theme/templates. Another thing that really is annoying is that quotes are the same white color and I find it hard to view a post if it has a couple quotes in it. Likely I'll make quoted text have a greyish background.

(10-24-2014, 09:40 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I will very likely increase the text size.  I haven't touched layout at all yet from default theme/templates. Another thing that really is annoying is that quotes are the same white color and I find it hard to view a post if it has a couple quotes in it.  Likely I'll make quoted text have a greyish background.
Yes, that'll be much better. I'm glad you've turned off the advanced text editor. I kinda hate the IPB styled post editor which they've included in 1.8.

RE: Category Layout - Froggy - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 09:40 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I will very likely increase the text size. I haven't touched layout at all yet from default theme/templates. Another thing that really is annoying is that quotes are the same white color and I find it hard to view a post if it has a couple quotes in it. Likely I'll make quoted text have a greyish background.

Earlier I thought that the post blocks were difficult to distinguish from one post to another, but now I see the light gray above and below each post. Was that something you changed, or was that just the monitor I was using at the time? Hah.

RE: Category Layout - Omniscient - 10-24-2014

I've so far made only the change to the logo background so it matched. Oh..also the link color to match our green. That's it. I'll get to do more overall changes once I use the forum more and have a better vision of what I want.

(10-24-2014, 09:49 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I've so far made only the change to the logo background so it matched. Oh..also the link color to match our green.  That's it.  I'll get to do more overall changes once I use the forum more and have a better vision of what I want.
Can you add a container background as well? The white background seems rather too plain.

RE: Category Layout - Nasyr - 10-24-2014

I like the forums layout, the very same as on my own forums.

RE: Category Layout - Aura - 10-24-2014

I like that layout, its actually very professional and you find it a lot on support forums, since neophytes might not even notice the tabs to switch forum areas.