Support Forums
I Need Programming Ideas - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Categories (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Forum: Life Support (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Omni's Secret Hidden Inside Tricks (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: I Need Programming Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=24704)

Pages: 1 2

I Need Programming Ideas - AceInfinity - 01-19-2012

I need some good ideas for new programs that you guys might want to see. If I see a suggestion that I like I will consider creating something for it. Post your suggestions Smile

RE: I Need Programming Ideas - BlackChaos - 01-19-2012

Integrated calculator and notepad?
I'm not really familiar with coding, but that would be a pretty nice idea. Tongue

RE: I Need Programming Ideas - AceInfinity - 01-19-2012

That's like projects i've already done though, and basic ones too Smile

RE: I Need Programming Ideas - BreShiE - 01-19-2012

Create a new notepad for coding, like Notepad ++. With lines on the left, indentation, syntax highlighting and code preview (like dreamweaver).

That would be good to see Ace, think you'd be up for the challenge?

RE: I Need Programming Ideas - TalishHF - 01-19-2012

A hex editor with syntax highlighting
A vbs notepad with syntax highlighting and error finder
A bat notepad with syntax highlighting and error finder
A proof reading notepad
A email client

(01-19-2012, 05:37 AM)TalishHF Wrote: A hex editor with syntax highlighting
A proof reading notepad
A email client

Or one program with all the above.

I've already made a Notepad BreSHie lol, it's got encryption functionality in it and everything. I'm looking for unique applications, people make way too many web browsers, notepads, calculators, timers, spammers, etc...
(01-19-2012, 05:37 AM)TalishHF Wrote: A hex editor with syntax highlighting
A proof reading notepad
A email client

Why would a hex editor have syntax highlighting though? There's no syntax in hexadecimal lol.

VBS as in VBS script? It's not that difficult, but again, it's just another notepad as I see it.

Batch doesn't have that kind of functionality.

Proof reading notepad - Like a dictionary?

An email client - What's wrong with hotmail? lol that would be like 5 lines of code at the max anyway to make.

(01-19-2012, 05:51 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: I've already made a Notepad BreSHie lol, it's got encryption functionality in it and everything. I'm looking for unique applications, people make way too many web browsers, notepads, calculators, timers, spammers, etc...

Yes, but all of which are terrible. With your coding skills you could make a professional one, not a YouTube tutorial one...

(01-19-2012, 05:55 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Yes, but all of which are terrible. With your coding skills you could make a professional one, not a YouTube tutorial one...

I did though, the stuff I have on that notepad can't even be looked up from youtube tutorials because most the programmers there that post tutorials just do what everyone else has been doing the whole time. I've got built in file encryption in mine, templates, quick search, advanced search, replace functions, sorting functions, color changeability, zoom, stats, url detection and handling, tab configuration, and 90% of which saves to a config.ini file which it loads from.

You haven't seen "AcePad" have you? lol

I've seen RTF editors out there that are fairly advanced, but for a plain text editor, based on what i've used, I would rank mine, maybe 4th. Because i've personally used applcations like UltraPad, Notepad2, and Notepad++ before, but mine is definitely better than MS Notepad.exe.

RE: I Need Programming Ideas - Fragma - 01-19-2012

what about a packet logger & editor? Similar to WPE Pro.