Support Forums
I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. (/showthread.php?tid=147)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - Elektrisk - 10-04-2009

Okay, so the rule says, "No illegal posts regarding fraud." then "No warez." Does this mean we can discuss botnets, phishing, ect? I saw a post get reported because it mentioned a DoS program. I just wanted to be sure.

RE: I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - MyNameIs940 - 10-04-2009

It was locked, no discussion about anything illegal.

RE: I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - Kaotic - 10-04-2009

Phishing is fraud, and botnets is illegal.

RE: I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - Gos - 10-04-2009

(10-04-2009, 10:13 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Okay, so the rule says, "No illegal posts regarding fraud." then "No warez." Does this mean we can discuss botnets, phishing, ect? I saw a post get reported because it mentioned a DoS program. I just wanted to be sure.

No warez means things like torrents and such. And no illegal post, well that is obvious.

RE: I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - QBANBOY407 - 10-04-2009

what about posting windows torrents?

RE: I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - Elektrisk - 10-04-2009

Quote: what about posting windows torrents?

That's piracy, and against the rules.

(10-04-2009, 10:16 PM)Kn1ght Wrote: No warez means things like torrents and such. And no illegal post, well that is obvious.

Okay, but the rule doesn't say "No posts involving illegal activities."; it says (verbatim) "7. No illegal posts involving fraud." This is why I am confused.

RE: I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - MyNameIs940 - 10-04-2009

I asked him via pm about the windows torrents and cd key's, he said NO cd keys and NO torrents.

RE: I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - Skawke - 10-04-2009

Moral of the story?

No illegal content.

RE: I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - Elektrisk - 10-04-2009

(10-04-2009, 10:58 PM)MyNameIs940 Wrote: I asked him via pm about the windows torrents and cd key's, he said NO cd keys and NO torrents.

I understand the no warez part. However, a thing that is iffy, is a member posted an e-mail bomber. I'd assume this is illegal, however, I don't know if OMni meant "No illegal activities" or just "No fraud".

RE: I'm confused about the rule regarding illegalities. - Skawke - 10-04-2009

(10-04-2009, 11:03 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I understand the no warez part. However, a thing that is iffy, is a member posted an e-mail bomber. I'd assume this is illegal, however, I don't know if OMni meant "No illegal activities" or just "No fraud".

e-mail bomber isn't illegal. It's, uh, you know, a proof of concept program!