Support Forums

Full Version: Call from IC3! ='(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My mom got a call from the IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center) and they're saying that I attacked other websites. I've never done such a thing. The closest thing I've ever done to hacking was using a mani admin takeover in HL2Big GrinM.

Someone please help me out here... Bebe-pleure
Having three years experience in internet security I would say do not worry about that.
Well, that's a good thing.

Thanks for keeping me from worrying.
You were right, it turned out to be a phish.
Wow that was it a call? What were they trying to achieve a warning?
They said I was hacking websites and attacking users, and they said they were going to send me a paper in the mail. So, they have my name, my phone number, and my address.
Sounds like some one grabbed your ISP and reported you to IC3.
I wouldn't worry about crap.... Unless they have any proof, then you still don't really need to do anything. I've only got fudged by IC3 once, and that was for a 3k botnet.

Don't worry bro!
It was only a phish? That's lucky, if you are an American I wouldn't want to be against the FBI :-P

~A
Most likely someone is messing with you.
You have nothing to worry about.
First thing you should do is confirm it was actually from the FBI.
It was just a phish, Omni. My parents called the cable company and my domain registrar (hostway) and they said there was no reports. And the phone number they left was a 964 number (iraq). So it was definitely a phish.
Pages: 1 2 3