Support Forums

Full Version: PHP Tut 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey its Minus
This is something to get you started with plus a short tutorial!

This Is found off wikipedia and decided to put on here
Quote:The Only Acronym You'll Ever Need
If you're new to Web development, you could be forgiven for thinking that it consists of no more than a mass of acronyms, each one more indecipherable than the last. ASP, CGI, SOAP, XML, HTTP - the list seems never-ending, and the sheer volume of information on each of these can discourage the most avid programmer. But before you put on your running shoes and flee, there's a little secret you should know. To put together a cutting-edge Web site, chock full of all the latest bells and whistles, there's only one acronym you really need to know:

PHP

Now, while you have almost certainly heard of PHP, you may not be aware of just how powerful the language is, and how much it can do for you. Today, PHP has the enviable position of being the only open-source server-side scripting language that's both fun and easy to learn. This is not just advertising: recent surveys show that more than 16,000,000 Web sites use PHP as a server side scripting language, and the language also tops the list of most popular Apache modules.

Why, you ask? The short answer: it's powerful, it's easy to use, and it's free. Extremely robust and scalable, PHP can be used for the most demanding of applications, and delivers excellent performance even at high loads. Built-in database support means that you can begin creating data-driven applications immediately, XML support makes it suitable for the new generation of XML-enabled applications, and the extensible architecture makes it easy for developers to use it as a framework to build their own custom modules. Toss in a great manual, a knowledgeable developer community and a really low price (can you spell f-r-e-e?) and you've got the makings of a winner!

My goal in this series of tutorials is very simple: I'll be teaching you the basics of using PHP, and showing you why I think it's the best possible tool for Web application development today. I'll be making no assumptions about your level of knowledge, other than that you can understand basic HTML and have a sense of humor. And before you ask... Yes, this series covers both PHP 4 and PHP 5, with new PHP 5 features flagged for easy reference.

Let's get going!

Ok now for what i made!

Get EasyPHP 3.0
~No Link At The Moment ( Someone Please Post One)~
Thanks to wade for this video on using easy php!
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp8wO94amfg&feature=channel_page

Ok so basically for PHP i HIGHLY recommend Knowing atleast Basic HTML

Now to finally start

Here are The PHP Start and End Tags
Start Tag : <?php
End Tag : ?>

Here is An example of a simple code
Code:
<html>
<head></head>
<body>

Shad0w : OMFG GHOST YOU KILLED ME WHEN I RIGGED MYSELF ON MY OWN GAME ERRR!
<br />

<?php
// print output
echo 'Ghost : Haha Noob Powned ya. I hit ya for like 2 trillion.';

?>

</body>
</html>

This shows html and php being used together utilizing the <?php tag.
Basically all echo does is print something onto the screen just like in a batch file.
So thats all my doing for rright now yes it is short but i dont feel like doing more today.

Thank you,
Minus