Support Forums

Full Version: Color Problems - Check this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone had these problem and how did u fix it. I can't just colorize it since it will be different red from the side spoilers. They are kinda going to orange because of sun... I think this peel because of the sun.
I believe that is the rust coating peeling off of the bumper. And yes the sun does cause that to happen only after extensive periods of time exposed to the sun after rain.
i was at some mechanics today and they told me i should wait it all ruins and then to just re color it again..
(06-24-2010, 03:26 AM)Industrialized™ Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that is the rust coating peeling off of the bumper. And yes the sun does cause that to happen only after extensive periods of time exposed to the sun after rain.

rust coating? you mean the clear coat? thats what that is, its your clear coat starting to peel....
Just go to your ACE Hardware or something and reapply a coat or you can just go into a shop or something.
I don't think there's very much you can do about something like that. When the clear coat starts to peel, I'm pretty sure you have to sand it down, repaint, and clear coat it all over again.

...or just buy a new lip.
Yeah, as others said, it's your clear coat peeling off because of all the wear and tear it's been through.
If it's a car you like and want to keep for awhile, you might as well get a new paint job and all.
Scrap off the paint and repaint it ....it will give a new look to your car...!
(07-14-2010, 10:20 AM)Heli0s Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there's very much you can do about something like that. When the clear coat starts to peel, I'm pretty sure you have to sand it down, repaint, and clear coat it all over again.

...or just buy a new lip.
Yeah this.. Just sand it down repaint it and slap a clear coat on it and your good too go.