Support Forums

Full Version: Looking for BASS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i currently have 2 12 kicker cvrs running off a 2000 watt amp at 2 ohm. i have about 300-400 to spend on some new subs. I was thinking about getting 2 15 memphis mojos for about 350. The car i have is a buick century btw so i do have a big trunk.
(06-15-2010, 02:00 AM)iCarly Wrote: [ -> ]i currently have 2 12 kicker cvrs running off a 2000 watt amp at 2 ohm. i have about 300-400 to spend on some new subs. I was thinking about getting 2 15 memphis mojos for about 350. The car i have is a buick century btw so i do have a big trunk.

2 JL AUDIO W7's be done with it. Stronger than memphis mojo which have shitty sound. you need something that not only slams but has good sound to it. or you could get you 2 Audiobahn Immortals or Eternals and be done with subs and never need anything again. I promise you nothing slams louder and cleaner than The Audiobahn Immortals. Hold on I'll find a link for you.

Here you go Audiobahn Immortals
I curerntly do not have a car. However I do have 4 15 inch kenwoods with a 4,000 watt amp. I think mines is 3ohm or 4ohm I have a 400$ touch screen dvd/cd player. yes I watch movies on it. Um I spent 700 on all this

15's where about 89$ a pece door speakers 50$ I got them on sale.
Well you may have 4 15's But I would suggest 12 inch subs not 15's yeah they slam but 12's hit every sound of bass where as 15's only hit high pitch bass 10's only hit low's. you keep running that 4000 watt amp and I will laugh when you blow your subs. Kenwoods are not designed to be powerful subs. 3 and 4 ohms suck. What your looking for is to go all the way down from either 2 ohm's to 1 ohm or 1 ohm to 1/2 an ohm. Also Username is that 4000watt amp running everything or just your subs?
Why don't you get some sony Xplod woofer's they hit hard
With a Kenwood Head Unit!!
(06-30-2010, 05:15 AM)-X- Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you get some sony Xplod woofer's they hit hard
With a Kenwood Head Unit!!

That's funny Sony Xplode's Are actually known to xplode.
xplods are garbage, also my mojos got stolen.
iCarly if you seriously wanna get into details about this shoot me a PM on HF and we will talk.
I have a set of Kicker CVRS & they will seriously rattle cars beside me. But I put systems in for people as a side job and after installing a few of those SOLO-BARICL7 I love them. The biggest factor is your box though, you can make 6x9's sound like 10's in a correctly made box. First choose some speakers, to my opinion SOLO-BARICL7 and make sure each speaker has the correct volume needed.

Use this to make your subs hit at max performance, otherwise you could buy $1k subs and hit like a pos.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/box_wizard.asp
Audiohon or however u spell it for the win