Support Forums

Full Version: Religion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So im christian, and my father is a jehovas witness. Ive been going to the "meetings" with him, but i dont believe in everything being said. Should i keep going to these meetings, or tell my dad that im not comfertable with going because i have different belifs? Oh and my mother is also Christian
Is he making you go to these meetings? If so, just tell him you don't want to go anymore, because your beliefs are different. Make sure to tell him that you respect his religion and beliefs, too.
I agree with Cyber. Just say you've given his faith a chance but it just isn't right for you.
Actually tell your dad, don't go if you're not comfortable.
I suggest you tell your dad how you feel, it is important to stand up for what you believe. I can understand how this can be hard, because when is it ever easy to tell your parents that you don't believe in something that they expect you to believe in.

Some ways to tell him

1- Try approaching him in a soft way, but lead him on to what you're about to say. For example, tell him you would like to talk to him about going to church.

2- Sometimes being straight up and firm works, that would be saying something like "dad, I really need to tell you, I don't agree entirely with everything that happens at the church we go to, I would honestly rather go to a different church". etc.

3- If your dad is not an entirely understanding person with these things, try writing him a well thought out letter.

It may not be easy, but it's important, again, to stand up for your beliefs.
Alright thanks guys i told him
I'm curious to know - how'd he take it? You telling him.
Hi, CrushFX.

If you're christian, you're proud & your dad is taking you somewhere you don't feel comfortable at just tell him you're Christian & you don't want to go to these meetings just tell him you're uncomfortable & you don't like it.

White Hat.
Whats a jehovas witness, again?
Hi, Natha.

If you would like to know what a "Jehovas Witness" is, Click here.
Pages: 1 2