Support Forums

Full Version: I should go to school right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's the thing.
Last sept my parents sent me away to another country to study, I never liked it whatever I didn't learn crap from it.

I applied to several colleges last week for graphic design and comp engineering. Today I got this;
[Image: offer.png]

That 2nd offer is new, I just saw it. When I saw my first offer though I was so freakin excited. Graphic design, I love it more than anything. I first told my mom about it she was meh about it, and then I told my dad and he asked where is it located? I told him where and he instantly said no?

Like wtf? Just because it's not in a big town doesn't mean its shitty. He didn't even want to talk to me and so we got into a fight, I told him how I don't want to study retarded chemical crap and medical garbage here. I want to do my own thing, graphics. I love it, and just because it's in another town he won't allow me to go, and IF I accept the offer. He says I have to provide everything on my own, he won't spend a cent. He also warned my mom that if she spends a cent on me, he'll divorce her.

I honestly want to take a knife and cut my heart out. My life in the last year has been unfair and terrible, on top of that my girlfriend broke up with me this morning, but it's not that big seeing as we'll probably get back together easily. But I feel like I have nobody to go to advice for now. So I came to post here. Please don't tl;dr me. I really want some opinions, should I go with what I love and want to study or should I listen to my dad?
It's time for you to go to college. Don't let your parents affect what you love and want to do. If you love doing graphic design, go freakin do graphic design. Tell your parents it's your life, not theirs. If they love chemical crap and medical garbage so much, they can quit their job and do that themselves.
I agree with Cyber. Your dad sounds a little crazed and you should tell him that it's time for you to make decisions for yourself. Do what makes you happy.
Although, finding a way to pay for your education might be a problem.
Just do whatever you dream. Once they see how good you are I'm sure they'll support you.
I believe it would be best for you to make your own decisions. Some parents have sub conscious difficulty accepting that their child is becoming more and more of an adult, and faster and faster, each day. It is important to make decisions for ourselves, they will help define us of who we are, and who we have yet to become.
Just consider this one of the many obstacles you'll receive in life, when you try to reach a goal. If you desire and want that goal enough, you'll get across these obstacles.
No one should stand in the way of your dreams.

Pursue and succed, it's your life so live like you want to.
If you have an opportunity to pursue your dreams, then you shouldn't let anyone stand in the way of it. Just because your parents don't want to support your goals doesn't mean you should do something you don't want to do.
You have a good future in front of you , use it wisely and you'll be happy Smile
In my opinion College is something everyone should decide for themselves. Don't chose something just to make others happy, and yourself unhappy.
Pages: 1 2