Support Forums

Full Version: fords new powerhouse!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, the company powerstroke has developed a bad ass 7.3l diesel engine that will beat the 2010 camaro in a 0-60 race. Now, keep in mind that this engine is in a full size F-350 pickup truck.
I just thought this was pretty cool. No news yet as to if this is going to be mass produced, and put in production vehicles or not. I sure as hell hope so though.

Thoughts?
i do think that if such a concept is there then it will be put into production vehicles..anyways..all i got to tell is that its might be insanely BADASS...
lets see how this goes for them,,.
(05-28-2010, 04:36 AM)rooneyful Wrote: [ -> ]i do think that if such a concept is there then it will be put into production vehicles..anyways..all i got to tell is that its might be insanely BADASS...
lets see how this goes for them,,.
Bro ALOT of trucks can blow the doors off cars.(and no i dont mean beater cars, I mean like mustangs, VW's, GTO's, etc etc etc.) It's not even a concept. It already happen's my friends brother has a chevy 2500 twin turbo duramax diesel and its the most insane truck you'll ever see he has like 100k+ in it. It can blow a corvette outta the water.
(06-01-2010, 04:21 PM)Boostin Wrote: [ -> ]Bro ALOT of trucks can blow the doors off cars.(and no i dont mean beater cars, I mean like mustangs, VW's, GTO's, etc etc etc.) It's not even a concept. It already happen's my friends brother has a chevy 2500 twin turbo duramax diesel and its the most insane truck you'll ever see he has like 100k+ in it. It can blow a corvette outta the water.

If it's a ZR1 Corvette I highly doubt that. Also considering one turbo makes more power than most twin packs b/c there inlet size is decreased.

ZR1= 0-60mph in 3.4sec
HD2500= 0-60mph about 6-7sec + it being a 2.5 ton truck

Even a zo6 would Whistle that truck with twins. Only chance of a truck beating him in a fair race would be through the dirt.

(11-21-2010, 02:54 AM)iCyber Attack Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a ZR1 Corvette I highly doubt that. Also considering one turbo makes more power than most twin packs b/c there inlet size is decreased.

ZR1= 0-60mph in 3.4sec
HD2500= 0-60mph about 6-7sec + it being a 2.5 ton truck

Even a zo6 would Whistle that truck with twins. Only chance of a truck beating him in a fair race would be through the dirt.

Just cause it's a ZR1 doesn't mean nothing. Did you read the whole post? He said he has over a 100 stacks in it. You could put a 100 thousand into a bug and blow a rich bitch vette out of the water.
(11-21-2010, 04:53 PM)caspur Wrote: [ -> ]Just cause it's a ZR1 doesn't mean nothing. Did you read the whole post? He said he has over a 100 stacks in it. You could put a 100 thousand into a bug and blow a rich bitch vette out of the water.

A fukn bug isn't going to fit a engine beg enough to do that and nor will the little as car handle it. And I can't even think of how you could put 100k into a 2500 Truck.

Good setups for truck + pricing
Twin Turbos: $8000 at the most or your retarted
NOS: $1500 at the most
Springs, Struts, the works: the most 12000
A whole new crate motor pushing 1000hp: $50000 Ridiculous Pricing

Now where is the rest at lmao

(11-21-2010, 05:54 PM)iCyber Attack Wrote: [ -> ]A fukn bug isn't going to fit a engine beg enough to do that and nor will the little as car handle it. And I can't even think of how you could put 100k into a 2500 Truck.

Good setups for truck + pricing
Twin Turbos: $8000 at the most or your retarted
NOS: $1500 at the most
Springs, Struts, the works: the most 12000
A whole new crate motor pushing 1000hp: $50000 Ridiculous Pricing

Now where is the rest at lmao

First off forget about crate engines, you can have a custom engine built for you that costs upwards of 80 grand if not more but, we'll stick with your 50 grand crate engine.

So you got a 50 grand 1000 hp engine now, you need a transmission that can handle 1000hp and put most of it to the tires that's an easy 25 grand you can put into the tranny. Then you need a custom drive shaft that isn't gonna twist and a rear end that isn't gonna blow with 1000 horse power. We can spend 2000 grand easy on carbon fiber, aluminum wrapped driveshaft and 4 grand on a crate rear end that's bullet proofed. Good speed rated tires are 300 to 400 a piece that's another 1200. Now you need something that can stop a thousand horse power so you're gonna need at least a dual-piston big brake kit that can run up to 5000. Next let's talk about turbos I've seen them all the way up to 17 grand for a kit it all depends on the car so, well allocate 6 grand for that (includes the whole kit). After that you need a suspension system that's another 4000 easy. If you want Nitrous you can get a stage 2 kit for about 1000. You also need a good exhaust that will be 2000.

So here's the list:

Engine: 50,000$
Transmission: 25,000$
Drive Shaft: 2,000$
Rear-End: 4,000$
Tires: 1,200$
Big Brake Kit: 5,000$
Turbo/s: 6,000$
Suspension: 4,000$
Nitrous: 1,000$
Exhaust: 2,000$

All that comes out to a grand total of: 100,200$, on a 50,000 dollar engine. That doesn't include piggy-back systems, turbo timer, boost control, injectors, fuel pump/s, informers, etc. or anything cosmetic which could easily be another 50,000 dollars and all of the prices aren't the most expensive ones.

There's the rest LMAO.

And don't sit here and tell me it's ridiculous or stupid to spend that much on a car/truck that isn't the argument and to each his own if you have the money to spend on it more power to you.

Here's a VW bug that will eat a ZR1.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPVrJUION4&feature=fvw[/youtube]
Damn; we have trucks that go faster then camaro's now...
thats freakin tight
(11-22-2010, 12:11 AM)caspur Wrote: [ -> ]First off forget about crate engines, you can have a custom engine built for you that costs upwards of 80 grand if not more but, we'll stick with your 50 grand crate engine.

So you got a 50 grand 1000 hp engine now, you need a transmission that can handle 1000hp and put most of it to the tires that's an easy 25 grand you can put into the tranny. Then you need a custom drive shaft that isn't gonna twist and a rear end that isn't gonna blow with 1000 horse power. We can spend 2000 grand easy on carbon fiber, aluminum wrapped driveshaft and 4 grand on a crate rear end that's bullet proofed. Good speed rated tires are 300 to 400 a piece that's another 1200. Now you need something that can stop a thousand horse power so you're gonna need at least a dual-piston big brake kit that can run up to 5000. Next let's talk about turbos I've seen them all the way up to 17 grand for a kit it all depends on the car so, well allocate 6 grand for that (includes the whole kit). After that you need a suspension system that's another 4000 easy. If you want Nitrous you can get a stage 2 kit for about 1000. You also need a good exhaust that will be 2000.

So here's the list:

Engine: 50,000$
Transmission: 25,000$
Drive Shaft: 2,000$
Rear-End: 4,000$
Tires: 1,200$
Big Brake Kit: 5,000$
Turbo/s: 6,000$
Suspension: 4,000$
Nitrous: 1,000$
Exhaust: 2,000$

All that comes out to a grand total of: 100,200$, on a 50,000 dollar engine. That doesn't include piggy-back systems, turbo timer, boost control, injectors, fuel pump/s, informers, etc. or anything cosmetic which could easily be another 50,000 dollars and all of the prices aren't the most expensive ones.

There's the rest LMAO.

And don't sit here and tell me it's ridiculous or stupid to spend that much on a car/truck that isn't the argument and to each his own if you have the money to spend on it more power to you.

Here's a VW bug that will eat a ZR1.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPVrJUION4&feature=fvw[/youtube]

Where the fk do you get a $25,000 transmission. I know I can get brand new trannys that will support 2,000+ hp for $6,000. If you spend $10,000 on a tranny alone you are fkn retarded. And a funny car drive shaft nitrous ready is only $500. And a rear end for $2,000 are you crazy? Gears cost about $300. Everything else I would agree with but the engine, b/c $50,000 is more than most people put into their engines "that was my max limit"