Support Forums

Full Version: iPhone sync problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had an iphone 3G for about 18 months now and it has been working quite happily. All of a sudden though it gives me the following errors when trying to sync (iTunes 9.1.1.12):
"The iphone Gary's iPhone cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found." Clicking on OK to this message (there is no other option) produces:
"The iPhone Gary's iPhone cannot be synced. An error occurred while writing to the device."

I've removed all the apps from the phone but still get the same message.

The only clue I can find is if I run the diagnostic tool in iTunes, the iPhone/iPod connectivity test fails with "No iPhone or iPod found" - even though the phone appears in the list of devices.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem? Its really frustrating - I can't find any error log to give a clue as to what is causing the failure.

Thanks in anticipation
Gary[/align]
Hello Yeye

Try updating your firmware maybe, it might be the issue, otherwise restore it, if none of those work, take your iPhone into your store where you brought it from with the receipt and they will send it into apple to get fixed, i've just sent mine in because it wouldn't switch on.

Thanks,
natha.