Support Forums

Full Version: short ram intakes vs cold air intakes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
will the title say it all. I'm been looking around and so far i can find much on witch is better? i wanna know if i got screwed i just put a CAI in our car and i wanna know if i made the right choice.
(05-17-2010, 12:27 PM)Tophatter Wrote: [ -> ]will the title say it all. I'm been looking around and so far i can find much on witch is better? i wanna know if i got screwed i just put a CAI in our car and i wanna know if i made the right choice.

one draws air from inside the engine bay
the other draws air from the outside.

Which one is better is dependent on you.
Drive in rain, you'll have to worry about the CAI
Drive in dust alot, you'll have to clean the CAI alot.
Drive in normal california weather, the CAI is better, drive in floodgate florida alot and you'll worry about sucking in water...

really it doesn't matter which you get. The CAI gives a little better performance, but that should help you weigh the decidison on what to get. I personally have the AEM CAI, and love it. But rarely do i drive through 2 feet of water. Blackhat
(05-17-2010, 12:30 PM)robbieava Wrote: [ -> ]But rarely do i drive through 2 feet of water. Blackhat

lol thanks that helps it don't rain much here in Georgia (to often anyways) that helps alot i'll stick with the CAI since it was hard enough to find a CAI for a kai any way.
For most drivers a cold air intake will be best. Just keep the filter clean, you will get more horsepower because you are taking in cold air. Ram air, is taking in hot air, witch helps with combustion, but doesn't do much for your engine.
(05-17-2010, 12:38 PM)Tophatter Wrote: [ -> ]lol thanks that helps it don't rain much here in Georgia (to often anyways) that helps alot i'll stick with the CAI since it was hard enough to find a CAI for a kai any way.

No problem. Yeah good luck with everything ^^
(05-17-2010, 12:27 PM)Tophatter Wrote: [ -> ]will the title say it all. I'm been looking around and so far i can find much on witch is better? i wanna know if i got screwed i just put a K&N air intake CAI in our car and i wanna know if i made the right choice.

I think I will choose the short ram intakes. Although it is kinda hot in the place, there should not be worry because it will not lead to too much hot. But when you use the cold air intake in a cold place, there is a possibility that it will freeze. Smile
(05-28-2010, 08:21 AM)tiresmokindad Wrote: [ -> ]I think I will choose the short ram intakes. Although it is kinda hot in the place, there should not be worry because it will not lead to too much hot. But when you use the cold air intake in a cold place, there is a possibility that it will freeze. Smile
lulwut? A cold air intake wont freeze, please research before posting nonsense.
(05-28-2010, 08:21 AM)tiresmokindad Wrote: [ -> ]I think I will choose the short ram intakes. Although it is kinda hot in the place, there should not be worry because it will not lead to too much hot. But when you use the cold air intake in a cold place, there is a possibility that it will freeze. Smile
Look man, you just made yourself look like a dumb ass... Please don't post, ever again.