Support Forums

Full Version: We got back together, but it is worse now...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess I will start at the beginning. I got together with the man of my dreams after high school ended (we had known each other since the summer before my sophomore year), and we were together for 10 amazing months. Things were great until he told me one day that he was depressed and didn't know if he loved me anymore. Me, being the supportive girlfriend I was, told him that I would stand by him and help him as much as possible. Things weren't any better after a couple of weeks and I started becoming insecure and feeling like I wasn't helping at all, and unfortunately made some decisions to stop trying. Because of this, I made stupid choices, did things I will forever regret, and we broke up.
I immediately started dating another guy and things went downhill fast. He never wanted to be around me, he never wanted to talk, there was no sentiment in anything that we had, and I broke it off with him. Not long after, my HS sweetie came to me and we decided to try it all again. Well, the recent ex's roommate was friends with my HS sweetie and they told him all sorts of things that tore us back apart. My HS sweetie told me he never wanted to talk to me again, absolutely no contact or anything. This is where I started to rely on my friends and stuff. They kept me distracted enough, so I didn't think about it too much. Then school ended and my "friends" all dropped from the face of the earth. I still hardly hear from them.
My HS sweetie texted me at work one day telling me he made a fatal mistake and we began talking again. I was thrilled. I thought it would be a new beginning. Things were great, I told him everything nothing held back and we were doing great. Then all of a sudden, he told me that he couldn't tell me he loved me anymore. He still wears the ring I bought him though. Now we sort of talk, but lately he doesn't call. He says he will, but he doesn't. I have no one else. He says he is my friend, but I don't feel like I have anyone. I have no desire to get up or do anything.

How do I get over this? How do I find someone who really cares, not just says they do? I am so lost, I have no one to talk to... Please help me... I'm tired of this empty feeling. I need help.
First you should start being more social. Make more friend, so you don't feel so empty. Call him and tell him to meet you and talk things straight. This is where you can talk and we help. So don't think you are alone, we care about you and hope for the best.
Don't let this guy do this to you. I have a feeling he's using you when he needs you. When it's time that he needs a companion because He is feeling lonely he will come to you. Although its great that you give him that comfortability you have to realize that he could just be using you. Tell him the truth. Show to him that if he doesn't want to go the other half way and make a call to you then you shouldn't have to stand for this. Although you may feel he likes you he could just be putting you in a never ending circle that will only hurt one person. I don't know you, but I feel for you. My friend does this to girls as a technique to get them to want them to do anything to get his attention. (Usually resulting in sexual actions) He will make them feel like crap and show it that he is the answer when truthfully he's the one bringing you down. What I suggest is you call him tell him what's up. If he does not want to comply to your needs, drop him. Go on Facebook and look up old friends you once new at your school. Make plans with them. If you have a job make conversation with others there about self interests. This can help you find companions. You can also try E-harmony if you really want to find a love of you life. No i'm not joking. A lot of my other friends have found people that have found the one to marry on there. If you ever see the commercial "Laura and Randy" are friends of mine. With my closing, I really do wish you luck. For the sake of your heart though, try your best not to go back to him. He is only out to hurt you. (imho)
Yours truly,
Rob
Thanks guys, I went ahead and called him and told him what I was feeling, and he tried to tell me that all my fears and hurt is unnecessary because he is just busy and his phone acts up all the time. He came out to my work and we spent my break talking, and I realized that I can do better. We had a good run and I cannot hold onto it any longer. Your responses confirm that my realization is correct. Thank you for your help, and I hope that if you need help sometime, I will be able to help to you as well.