Support Forums

Full Version: Exams, hurr durr.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hola SF.

Well I have my exams coming up in just about a week now, and I have to admit that I haven't studied at all, and that's a big problem.

Without sounding like I'm up myself or anything, I'm a smart person; I just find it hard to get myself motivated if what I'm supposed to be doing is not tech related, or I'm not writing something (I'm an English Whiz, too.)

Anyway, what do I do to overcome procrastination? At the start of the day I always feel like I could get some study done or whatever but whenever I get to the library at lunch I'm always straight on Skype or something, and when I get home there's hardly a chance in the world of me doing any non-tech work.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Maybe try studying with a friend? That usually doesn't work for me because we end up talking and fooling around, but who knows. Or try sitting and studying somewhere where there aren't any distractions at all...outside?
Focus on how you feel when you do something that makes you feel accomplished. And think to yourself, "is it worth it for that feeling, and for success?"
... I'm having an exam next monday too!! At least i got my lecture slides open at one side while i'm surfing...
(05-12-2010, 05:42 PM)iintens Wrote: [ -> ]Hola SF.

Well I have my exams coming up in just about a week now, and I have to admit that I haven't studied at all, and that's a big problem.

Without sounding like I'm up myself or anything, I'm a smart person; I just find it hard to get myself motivated if what I'm supposed to be doing is not tech related, or I'm not writing something (I'm an English Whiz, too.)

Anyway, what do I do to overcome procrastination? At the start of the day I always feel like I could get some study done or whatever but whenever I get to the library at lunch I'm always straight on Skype or something, and when I get home there's hardly a chance in the world of me doing any non-tech work.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Well i also have same problem but best way is make a friend who is good in studyies and ready to help you so go to his home and study
What I would suggest and what I do is I think that if I don't study for it, I will fail it. If i fail it my parents will murder me. I also make myself think that the exam is tomorrow so I just study. What you could also do is tell someone to hide your computer cords, tv cords or your power bars or cover it or something so you do not get distracted.
Go to your local McDonald's and ask yourself "Do I really want to work here for the rest of my life?"

Lol, you need some sort of motivation man; studying with a friend could help. You said you're an English Whiz, why don't you type out all your old notes nicely on the computer. It helps I did it a lot in grade eleven and even though I'd be lurking Facebook and whatnot I copied my old notes and it helped me remember crap for the exam. Smile
(05-12-2010, 10:53 PM)iStealth Wrote: [ -> ]Go to your local McDonald's and ask yourself "Do I really want to work here for the rest of my life?"

Lol, you need some sort of motivation man; studying with a friend could help. You said you're an English Whiz, why don't you type out all your old notes nicely on the computer. It helps I did it a lot in grade eleven and even though I'd be lurking Facebook and whatnot I copied my old notes and it helped me remember crap for the exam. Smile

this just made me lol...Tongue
well...
i think this is pretty much what i do..
its called..
NOTE MAKING..
just small notes of almost all the lessons...and guess what..
if in any case u havent fnshed studyin...u can always sneak it in...and maybe copy 1 or 2 ans..lol..
recommend u not to try out the last part..
I have an exam next Tuesday aswell, for Religious Studies (compulsory at my school -.-), but I spend most of my time on the computer, so I looked for a forum that had religious threads, and arguments, and started to browse and participate in the topics. After doing that for a week, I realised that I'd learnt more in that week then in the whole two years of the course.
yes i hate exams but i have to do them .
Pages: 1 2 3