Support Forums

Full Version: Affected by sick brother
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the past two weeks, i've had difficulty eating, and when I manage to eat, I end up throwing it back up. I've lost weight, and I was already the average for my age and height.
This is probably due to the emotional state i'm in right now mainly due to my brother being seriously ill. He has been in and out of hospital, and keeps collapsing, but they keep taking him in and then letting him out. I'm also Bi-Polar and my relationship with my girlfriend whom I love is taking a toll. I instantly become sad when I have no contact with her, go into a terribly bad mood when shes sad etc. The problem is, I love her, and I can't just let her go.

I don't know what to do, who to turn to...what should I do?
well...first of all hope ur brother gets well soon....i do hope that its nothing too serious for him..
i think u are in a state of depression....
i honestly advice u to take an opinion from a Doc...
maybe anti depression drugs is what he is gonna give u...
and for ur GF...talk to her more often...tell her ur problems so that she understands u..and since she knows u better...she might work a way outta this..

regards..
Difficult times are what strengthen us as people later on in life. That's not what you want to hear right now, I'm sure. But to start with, I'll tell you that it will get better. We go through hardships in life. They are excruciation to deal with, and often leave you feeling alone.

You have my full sympathy for your issue. Your brother, I'm so sorry you have to live seeing that happen to him. I wish him the best. Although I am not religious, I promise I'll pray for him. If there's somewhere out there in the world that needs all the help they can get, a peaceful thought can make all the difference.

I remember there was a time in my life I thought I was going to lose my girlfriend. I just couldn't stand for that. She's everything to me. And the way I could have lost her was so brutal. Know that not everything turns out the way it seems. Focus on the positive things in your life, highlight them. Negative thinking will only bring you down in this time of your life. Find something that makes you happy every day, and don't stop thinking about it.

You'll pull through this.
I hope your brother gets well! Hopefully he will be fine Smile He sounds like a strong person and I'm sure he can make it!

As for your gf I would tell her how you feel, maybe she feels the same way. If you get sad, text her.
I forgot to mention, PM me for my msn if you want to talk about it more, I'm told by many friends I'm good to talk to.
Whats wrong with your brother if its nothing dangerous you should be happy and go to your girl.