Support Forums

Full Version: User Management Script - User Cake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: usercake-logo.jpg]

Hello everybody.
I am sure on this forum, like EVERY other forums there will be questioning about user management scripts in PHP + MySQL. Actually I think there has already been. Therefore I am gonna give you the introduce you to an amazing user management script which is always getting updated and so on. USERCAKE!

It's completely open source and just a base if you are working on a project and need an user management script. Their last update was 28th March 2010 where they upgraded to v1.4

[Image: feature-list.jpg]
  • Login
  • Register
  • Lost password recovery
  • Update password
  • Update user email
  • Email templates (optional)
  • SHA1 security + Salt / Hash
  • Account activation (optional)
  • Resend activation email (optional)
  • User groups (Basic, id - group_name)
  • Multilingual support

[Image: languages.jpg]
  • English - Default
  • Spanish
  • Dutch

[Image: download.jpg]

Latest Version:

[Image: latest-release.jpg]

I DID NOT MAKE THIS SCRIPT, I JUST USE IT FOR PERSONAL USE AND I THINK SO SHOULD YOU IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ONE.
Excuse me for the bad images, I took them straight from their website and it looks like they weren't transparent
Woah this is great. Thanks for sharing it!
I have an online music game that works via MSSQL, i wonder if this system would be compatible with it

EDIT: just noticed that does not have an admin backend
my skills are too low to make one
so this would not work for me =/
Deliciously looking and working great
Thank's very much man! I will try to use this in future! Smile
I'm going to use it also for my forum, Thanks!
You welcome and have fun, but then the forum has to be 100% custom made.
I love little libs like this. I've reviewed the code and it's not bad at all. I'm not sure his security is so great though. His method to sanitize everything is semi-weak.

This is probably a pretty good base to start with and I like the abstraction layer for the DB.
@Omniscient: I like small scripts like this too, but I ain't a security master so I don't know the security.
What type of attacks can it cause? SQLi?

Anyways thanks for reviewing.
I'm testing it now, thanks for sharing good stuff.