Support Forums

Full Version: Annoying Bluetooth Folder in My Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After attempting to transfer files from my dad phone to his USB Drive (which I failed epicly), I had this annoying icon on My Computer folder.

I really want to remove this icon because I can't even open it. Windows Explorer "will just lag and restart" but this piece of crap will not disappear.

I used a USB bluetooth and my dad asked me to transfer songs from his Samsung Phone to his USB Drive but I failed mainly because Bluetoothing is not my thing. LoL. He forced me too do it because he, too, does not know how to do it (like father like son)..

However, here is the screenshot of my problem:

[Image: AnnoyingBluetoothFolder.jpg]

Please help me eliminate this one...

Thanks ^^
This may not delete the folder, but try and go to bluetooth devices and remove it.

^ >> Right Click Bluetooth Devices >> Show Bluetooth Devices

Is there anything in there?
I think you can't delete the folder.
what happens if you right click delete? if you have any options to uninstall bluetooth stuff, do it like markus suggested.
When I double click it, or right click it or select-and-delete it, Windows explorer will say, "Checking solutions for the problem" or something similar and it will start to lag a bit and it Windows Explorer will say that it will start and everything will be closed.
Well, I can't really help you any more other than saying to try uninstalling bluetooth devices; I don't use bluetooth so I don't know anything about it. Try googling something about it.
(05-01-2010, 10:11 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I can't really help you any more other than saying to try uninstalling bluetooth devices; I don't use bluetooth so I don't know anything about it. Try googling something about it.

I did Google it but I didn't find anything useful...
Its easy, turn your bluetooth on and then check the installed devices (double click on the taskbar bluetooth icon) your phone name should appears there, right click and delete it, refresh your explorer and Voila!!

Hope was useful for you.

Cheers!

Jorge
Try clicking on the folder once, and hold down shift, and press the delete key. This will remove it permanently without going to your recycle bin. Maybe it's locked up in a process? have you checked? Or maybe you might not want to delete it yet, and uninstall the driver software that was downloaded onto your computer when you plugged his USB in.

If all that fails, you can always go to your devices and hide that USB drive folder.

why did you need a USB bluetooth adapter? a regular USB would have worked a lot easier in my opinion. You have Win 7 though I see, and I also notice that you have a little icon in your taskbar on the right. Is that the bluetooth software running still? If thats the case, I would uninstall it. You could stop the process then delete it, but i'd recommend uninstalling it instead.

I dont know why it's freezing though, unless you don't have a lot of RAM on your computer. But it's locked in your processes from what that looks like.

UPDATE: Lol, This post was unactive from May 2010, someone wasn't reading the thread dates, but at least it's an extra piece of information i've added if the original poster hasn't dealt with this yet.
(11-17-2010, 12:02 AM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Try clicking on the folder once, and hold down shift, and press the delete key. This will remove it permanently without going to your recycle bin. Maybe it's locked up in a process? have you checked? Or maybe you might not want to delete it yet, and uninstall the driver software that was downloaded onto your computer when you plugged his USB in.

If all that fails, you can always go to your devices and hide that USB drive folder.

why did you need a USB bluetooth adapter? a regular USB would have worked a lot easier in my opinion. You have Win 7 though I see, and I also notice that you have a little icon in your taskbar on the right. Is that the bluetooth software running still? If thats the case, I would uninstall it. You could stop the process then delete it, but i'd recommend uninstalling it instead.

I dont know why it's freezing though, unless you don't have a lot of RAM on your computer. But it's locked in your processes from what that looks like.

UPDATE: Lol, This post was unactive from May 2010, someone wasn't reading the thread dates, but at least it's an extra piece of information i've added if the original poster hasn't dealt with this yet.

Haha, your right, its a pretty old thread. If the proccess was locked up , most likely if you restarted your computer everything could possibly go back to normal. People under estimate the power of restarting the computer to fix problems, a lot of the time it works.
Pages: 1 2