Support Forums

Full Version: [WinAmp] How to show what you're listening to on Skype & Windows Live Messenger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!
Well, y'all probably know that Windows Media Player has an option to display what you're listening to on WLM. Too bad WMP isn't that good of a music player. Well, with a plugin & a program, we can show what we're listening to on both Skype & WLM. Here's an example:

WLM:

Perfect.

For Skype, we need OnAir:
http://www.djmaster.com/onair3/ONAIRSetup.exe
Simply install it. It must be open (it hides in the system tray) for it to work.

For WLM, we need gen_msn:
http://www.myplugins.info/gen_msn.exe
Install it, and restart WinAmp. It should display what you are listening to now.

Note: OnAir also detects VLC media player and other players, so if you are watching a movie or other videos, be sure you disable it, unless you want your Skype contacts to see what you are watching.

Have fun.
Thanks i didn't know this, some of my contacts have done this and i always wondered how to do it.
I just never got around to it.
Work with Youtube and whatnot?
(04-25-2010, 08:01 PM)Kriminal Wrote: [ -> ]Work with Youtube and whatnot?

No.

These are the players OnAir supports:

WMPlayer™
Winamp™
VLC™
foobar2000™
AIMP2™
GOM Player™
KMPlayer™
MPC™
XMPlay™
Zune™
ModPlug Player™
JR Media Center™
(04-26-2010, 10:52 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]No.

These are the players OnAir supports:

WMPlayer™
Winamp™
VLC™
foobar2000™
AIMP2™
GOM Player™
KMPlayer™
MPC™
XMPlay™
Zune™
ModPlug Player™
JR Media Center™

It supports Ares P2P Software also, and iTunes O.o.
Thanks for this.
Gunno test it out Big Grin nice tutorial.
Thanks for sharing this information with me, bro.
(04-26-2010, 11:09 AM)Pepsi Wrote: [ -> ]It supports Ares P2P Software also, and iTunes O.o.

Yea... how'd you make it work for iTunes on PC?
Wow, this is a very good and descriptive tutorial. I never knew about this and im going to try it now.