Support Forums

Full Version: getting stereo typed....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as the title says im getting stereo typed as a druggie by well just about everyone at school including some teachers. all of this is because of who i hang out with you guys may knw one as tryhard. hes is a friend irl and most knw he does drugs like X and crap.
i like my friends but worth being pulled into the grouping?
I think it's good to have a mixture of friends, who cares what other people think. Let them store their little pieces of information about you in their heads. You can be friends with who ever you want, just don't let them drag you down or influence you into doing things you don't want to do. But i would try to make some friends that don't use drugs too, drugs can lead you and your mates into some pretty nasty places. You may wake up one day and realize you have nothing in common with these people you call friends.
If you like them as friends, be friends with them. Would you rather be friends with a group of "clean" kids whom you don't like solely for the sake of not being stereotyped? If people are going to judge you based on the people you hang out with, then their opinion is worth jack shit anyway.
thanks guys elet ur right fudge them you know
i dont care wht they think
Don't listen to people who group others. Just friend who ever you like to. If you don't like your friend taking drugs(he does, like I understood). Talk him about it, but consider his wishes and pov too.
(04-20-2010, 02:37 PM)sTaFf CaPtAiN Wrote: [ -> ]as the title says im getting stereo typed as a druggie by well just about everyone at school including some teachers. all of this is because of who i hang out with you guys may knw one as tryhard. hes is a friend irl and most knw he does drugs like X and crap.
i like my friends but worth being pulled into the grouping?

Dude, people think I'm high as fudge all the time, when I just woke up. I also hang out with the drug group, cause everyone else is drama/weird to me. If you like that group, go with it. Just don't do drugs until you're ready (18+).
You need to learn not to take other peoples comment to heart. I know it's not easy but if you just brush it off and think whatever then perhaps people will just stop with the commenting.

Just stick with the people you like and the people who like you.

That's the best advice I can give.
Teachers are calling you a druggy? You realise they can get sued for that right? That's against the law. If your really botherd about people steroe typing you, then stop haning around with them people, but honestly it wouldn't bother me. Let people think what they wan't to think, it's nothing to do with them it's your life.
(04-21-2010, 03:22 PM)wills Wrote: [ -> ]Teachers are calling you a druggy? You realise they can get sued for that right? That's against the law. If your really botherd about people steroe typing you, then stop haning around with them people, but honestly it wouldn't bother me. Let people think what they wan't to think, it's nothing to do with them it's your life.

Agreed. I really hate teachers that just stereo type without even knowing the student. Bullshit.
If your still going to be friends with, people who do drugs(which you should). Remember to be clean yourself, don't try to blend in or something, like alot of people do. If you do drugs, then only weed I guess. Its not that harmful.