Support Forums

Full Version: Brother.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
My brother currently works at a pizza place, and hates it. I won't go into why, as it's irrelevant. He just wants to quit as soon as possible. The problem is that he wants to start doing freelance web design & development with me. The diea is I would handle the CSS, XHTML, and graphics design, and he would handle the backend coding, ie. JavaScript, PHP, AJAX, and so on. He's studying PHP, and I'm studying Photoshop/general web design. My problem is that I don't think I can become professional enough at it to freelance it. It's easy for him, because he is in college as a computer science major. He will be taking classes over this in the summer. I however must rely on self-teaching. How do I break it to him that I don't think I can do it? I'm 15, and he's 20.

Thanks.
Just say to him:
"I'm too young and inexperienced to do this. I will help out if you need me too, but I wont be getting an education on this unlike you!"
Or something along those lines. Do it sooner rather then later so he doesn't get too attached to the idea.
I say give it a try.
(04-17-2010, 12:22 AM)Tryhard. Wrote: [ -> ]I say give it a try.

Tryhard.,

If I thought I could do it, I would not have made this thread.
I think, however, that it's too much to ask of me to be able to design professional graphics and be able to make them fit well by manipulating XHTML/CSS on a professional level. I have no classroom experience with this. I'm going off what I have read in e-books and W3c.org.

Thanks, Extasey. I suppose that is what I must do.
If you don't think you can handle the workload and the pressure then don't be forced into it man. You really just have to try and explain to your brother that you can't handle it. It'll be hard to do but you have to do it.

Best of luck.

Ethical
Extasey is right with this one. I was recently given a job; coding a creating a website for a business that I friend of my step dad owns'. At first I was like, "Oh wow, great!" but then I realised I just couldn't do it. It was too hard. Do what your gut tells you to do; if you can't do it; don't. I should've taken that advice.
Thanks all. I've talked to him about it. Requesting that this be locked.
Nvm saw that he requested it to be locked...