Support Forums

Full Version: What's wrong with me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I'm seventeen, and I'm having alot of problems with being happy or positive about anything.
I hate myself, who I am and things like that. I feel stupid/dumb all the time, I don't do good in school and I just never feel smart. Especially compared to my brother and sister.
I am still not over my ex-girlfriend who broke up with me over a year ago. She was also my best friend for three years before we started dating, then she broke up with me for some different kid who's better than me and stopped talking to me. Sometimes I'll text her just to see how she's doing and stuff, then today she texted me back with a reply that read "don't txt me f*g". And that made me feel really stupid. I don't know why.
But almost every other night I cry. Not knowing what to do about myself. And some days I'm scared to drive myself to school because sometimes I'll think about what would happen if I crashed my car and yeah.
I'm sick of feeling like this and I want to be happy. but I don't know what to do. I've been sad for years before this. But it keeps getting worse.
My parents are unaware of any of this. I'm afraid to tell them about any of this. I fear that I will be more of a problem to them. I think this because before they once told me that out of the three children they have I'm the one with the most problems and stuff.
I don't know what I should do.
(04-12-2010, 10:15 PM)Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm seventeen, and I'm having alot of problems with being happy or positive about anything.
I hate myself, who I am and things like that. I feel stupid/dumb all the time, I don't do good in school and I just never feel smart. Especially compared to my brother and sister.
I am still not over my ex-girlfriend who broke up with me over a year ago. She was also my best friend for three years before we started dating, then she broke up with me for some different kid who's better than me and stopped talking to me. Sometimes I'll text her just to see how she's doing and stuff, then today she texted me back with a reply that read "don't txt me f*g". And that made me feel really stupid. I don't know why.
But almost every other night I cry. Not knowing what to do about myself. And some days I'm scared to drive myself to school because sometimes I'll think about what would happen if I crashed my car and yeah.
I'm sick of feeling like this and I want to be happy. but I don't know what to do. I've been sad for years before this. But it keeps getting worse.
My parents are unaware of any of this.
I don't know what I should do.

In my personal opinion being happy is only a state of mind. When you try and compare yourself to someone else you will always come up short. Life is always a journey, its something you find in time.
No body is the same we are all unique. I grew up with 2 sisters 1 older and 1 younger. I was good and sports/math/science while my sisters where good at sports english and history in school.
Sometimes its best to just go out and try new things you never know what it might bring you. I remeber the day I met my wife of 2 years today it was a week after me and my ex-girlfriend of 2 years just broke up.
I never thought that I could find happiness again, then she came into my life just when I was about to hit rock bottom and everything after that was great.

Or when I did football which I was great at. Did great in highschool then in junior year I was chopped blocked(someone dived for my knees) Took me away from something I loved doing. What I found is that BMX was my sport as I had did it when I was growing up and through my teenage years.

The point that I am trying to make life is only as difficult as you try and make it. IF you dwell on the things that have went wrong. Wrong things will continue to happen, the best thing you can do is just get out there find what you enjoy and stick with it. Becuase it might just be something you never suspected.

Suicide or thinking that hurting yourself is never the answer. It actually makes things worse unless you think you need the help. If that is the case I would suggest talking to your parents or someone you can trust about how you are feeling.
Tell your parents that you are depressed. They should be able to help you far more than any of us could. Your siblings may also be able to help you feel better. I am sure they will understand. Its normal for most people to fall into a depression. Just tell your family how you feel and I am sure it will start to get better.
(04-12-2010, 10:29 PM)theboner Wrote: [ -> ]In my personal opinion being happy is only a state of mind. When you try and compare yourself to someone else you will always come up short. Life is always a journey, its something you find in time.
No body is the same we are all unique. I grew up with 2 sisters 1 older and 1 younger. I was good and sports/math/science while my sisters where good at sports english and history in school.
Sometimes its best to just go out and try new things you never know what it might bring you. I remeber the day I met my wife of 2 years today it was a week after me and my ex-girlfriend of 2 years just broke up.
I never thought that I could find happiness again, then she came into my life just when I was about to hit rock bottom and everything after that was great.

Or when I did football which I was great at. Did great in highschool then in junior year I was chopped blocked(someone dived for my knees) Took me away from something I loved doing. What I found is that BMX was my sport as I had did it when I was growing up and through my teenage years.

The point that I am trying to make life is only as difficult as you try and make it. IF you dwell on the things that have went wrong. Wrong things will continue to happen, the best thing you can do is just get out there find what you enjoy and stick with it. Becuase it might just be something you never suspected.

Suicide or thinking that hurting yourself is never the answer. It actually makes things worse unless you think you need the help. If that is the case I would suggest talking to your parents or someone you can trust about how you are feeling.
Everytime I try something new, I always mess it up or I get frustrated with it. I know suicides not the answer. thus why I don't want to drive some days. I want to tell my parents but I don't know how. I don't know what they're going to say or how they would react.
(04-12-2010, 10:31 PM)Gadget Wrote: [ -> ]Tell your parents that you are depressed. They should be able to help you far more than any of us could. Your siblings may also be able to help you feel better. I am sure they will understand. Its normal for most people to fall into a depression. Just tell your family how you feel and I am sure it will start to get better.
I want to but I'm scared they won't understand or that I'll be more of a problem to them.
(04-12-2010, 10:38 PM)Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Everytime I try something new, I always mess it up or I get frustrated with it. I know suicides not the answer. thus why I don't want to drive some days. I want to tell my parents but I don't know how. I don't know what they're going to say or how they would react.

They are your parents there is nothing more in the world that they want more then for you to be happy and healthy. You have to remember that nothing in life thats worth it is easy. Look at me and my wife and 2 kids, they are the reasons for my existence but yet they can be the biggest pains in my ass sometimes.
Getting frustrated is always something that will happen with new things its just getting past the hard parts that makes it worth it in the end.
(04-12-2010, 10:41 PM)theboner Wrote: [ -> ]They are your parents there is nothing more in the world that they want more then for you to be happy and healthy. You have to remember that nothing in life thats worth it is easy. Look at me and my wife and 2 kids, they are the reasons for my existence but yet they can be the biggest pains in my ass sometimes.
Getting frustrated is always something that will happen with new things its just getting past the hard parts that makes it worth it in the end.

How do I tell them? What if they don't take me seriously.
(04-12-2010, 10:46 PM)Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]How do I tell them? What if they don't take me seriously.

Most likely they will, I mean it isn't a joking matter you just calmly talk to them and tell them what you are going through. They were teenagers once and can probably relate to what you are saying. But you never know until you actually do it.
(04-12-2010, 10:59 PM)theboner Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely they will, I mean it isn't a joking matter you just calmly talk to them and tell them what you are going through. They were teenagers once and can probably relate to what you are saying. But you never know until you actually do it.

I'll try talking to them tomorrow. hopefully I'll actually go through telling them. thank you for talking to me and helping. it's very nice of you.
Not a problem almost all of us have been in some type of situation similar to yours. Just keep in mind your not alone and that there is always something or someone out there that makes your life worth living. It will just take some work to find it.
Don't compare yourself to others, and forget your ex, she's a bitch anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3