Support Forums

Full Version: Ask Me Anything [Emotional Support Question Thread]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everyone.

I made this thread for those of you who may be going through a tough time. I've got a gift for being able to mentally analyze people and provide supportive recommendations. I came to SupportForums to help people out.

If you have a question, detail the situation, and I'll do my best to answer with some quality information/recommendations.

Thanks,
Malware Boss
I'm fifteen, male, and gay.

I have a straight friend who says he has a gay 17 year old friend that I'd probably be interested in. So, the idea was that my straight friend (Andrew) would give his gay friend (Robin) my number and we could talk. They apparently only see each other on Thursdays, at a local community college. It's been two weeks, and something has turned up both times that has prevented Andrew from giving Robin my number. The first time, Robin apparently didn't go to school that day. This past time (2 days ago), Andrew slept in late and didn't make it to school. Am I being paranoid, or is it safe to say that Andrew doesn't want to hook me up with his friend (if he even exists -_-). Do you think I'm just having a bad bout of luck?

Before you ask, I cannot contact this "Robin" myself, as Andrew doesn't know his last name, nor does he have his number. They simply are family friends, go to the same school on Thursdays, and eat lunch after class. What's your view on this situation? I've been single for two years. Not being I'm not attractive, because I am, but because finding a boyfriend at this age, and in Oklahoma especially, is hard for a gay teen. My point is that I'll be pretty let down if I don't even get a chance with this guy.
(04-10-2010, 06:48 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fifteen, male, and gay.

I have a straight friend who says he has a gay 17 year old friend that I'd probably be interested in. So, the idea was that my straight friend (Andrew) would give his gay friend (Robin) my number and we could talk. They apparently only see each other on Thursdays, at a local community college. It's been two weeks, and something has turned up both times that has prevented Andrew from giving Robin my number. The first time, Robin apparently didn't go to school that day. This past time (2 days ago), Andrew slept in late and didn't make it to school. Am I being paranoid, or is it safe to say that Andrew doesn't want to hook me up with his friend (if he even exists -_-). Do you think I'm just having a bad bout of luck?

Before you ask, I cannot contact this "Robin" myself, as Andrew doesn't know his last name, nor does he have his number. They simply are family friends, go to the same school on Thursdays, and eat lunch after class. What's your view on this situation? I've been single for two years. Not being I'm not attractive, because I am, but because finding a boyfriend at this age, and in Oklahoma especially, is hard for a gay teen. My point is that I'll be pretty let down if I don't even get a chance with this guy.

Hey, Elektrisk.

Well, I understand your hardship completely.

As for the situation at hand, I'd recommend waiting a few more weeks. Continue asking Andrew if he's had a chance to talk to Robin. It may just be that he's been caught up, as you said.

Alternatively, it may be that he made this 'Robin' up completely. Which is why it'd probably be best for you to give it up after a fortnight or two. I wouldn't worry about it if he doesn't mention him to you anymore.

It isn't something to be terribly concerned about. At your age, there isn't much in the way of gay fifteen-year-olds. People are still experimenting with their sexuality. I'd suggest keeping an eye out, yet not getting terribly anxious over one person - it may not be worth your wile.

Let's Recap
  • Keep asking about Robin for 3 weeks. If after then he's not available, move on.
  • There's plenty more fish in the sea. Just hold on and you'll find someone.
  • Don't see the need to be in a relationship just yet. You'll find it much easier to find a compatible partner in the next few years.
Have I helped, Elektrisk, in any way?

Thanks,
Malware Boss
Quote:Have I helped, Elektrisk, in any way?

Yes, your insight helped greatly.
Thanks a lot!
Gahh, Malware Boss just makes the rest of us look bad, he's too talented! Tongue

Ethical
(04-10-2010, 07:44 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, your insight helped greatly.
Thanks a lot!

Hi, Elektrisk.

I'm glad.

(04-10-2010, 08:30 AM)Ethical Wrote: [ -> ]Gahh, Malware Boss just makes the rest of us look bad, he's too talented! Tongue

Ethical

Hi, Ethical.

I'm flattered.

Thanks,
Malware Boss