Support Forums

Full Version: Smileyface's 10 Fool-proof ways to Alleviate Suffering and Stress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to my first ever thread here. So I have formulated 10 practical ways to help people who are really depressed or those who are starting to think of suicide as an option. So here it goes.

1. Pray
- Many people I have encountered in HF are either Atheists or does not care about religion. Let me tell you something, whatever you think about a Supreme Being, it doesn't matter. It's just your pride saying, "Hey, I don't believe in you. I don't even see you. So why should I believe?" That is actually very wrong. So, why should you pray? Prayer brings about self-realization. It brings self-awareness and self-consciousness. Prayer is an acronym.

[*]People
[*]Really
[*]Are
[*]Your
[*]Everlasting
[*]Relatives

Always remember that there is someone who cares for you. Never think that you can do things alone. Bear in mind, "No man is an island." So if you think you're alone, you do not deserve being called human.

2. Enjoy Nature
- Most of us here are computer literate and would rather stay inside in front of my computer. But think of this, before computers dawned, man's only entertainment was watching the beauty of nature. So pack your bags and go hiking or kayaking. It is fun and exciting. You can forget almost anything when you start to appreciate nature. Also, Nature is an acronym.

[*]Not
[*]All can
[*]Truly
[*]Understand
[*]The reason our
[*]Environment exists

Our environment exists for one thing and one thing only, to sustain us. This means that our environment has everything we need. So start searching for it.

3. Recreation
- When you have decided to go out and have some fun, do recreational things. Why not study survival training or wrestle bears for fun. But seriously, it is in the word itself, Recreate. You need to change the monotony in your life. For once think of yourself and yourself only. Say, "Hey, I don't care about you. I'm going to enjoy myself." Then stop thinking of everything except how you can have fun. Then enjoy yourself and have fun like there is no tomorrow. But there is always going to be one so enjoy the next day after it. And there is an acronym for it.

[*]Really
[*]Enjoy
[*]Changes because it
[*]Rapidly
[*]Ends.
[*]Always
[*]Try
[*]Everything

So what do I mean by everything? Anything that can be beneficial to you. Not things which can harm you in one way or another.

4. Art
- Basically, art is an expression of one's self and feelings. If you really feel bad about something, art is one of the very best outputs of it. So what art can you do? You can try painting. Try to paint something jolly as painting serious themes can bring back awful memories. But if it makes you feel better, then do it. You can smudge brushes and make something chaotic if that really expresses your feelings. After you are done, burn it. I know it's a waste of paint but when you see the embodiment of your pain burning, you can't help but feel a little better. Then swear by the fire that burns that you will never make the same mistake again.

(The others will be posted later on. My hands are aching. Non)

Enjoy people.
I liked it.

Well written Smileyface.

Keep up the good work.

Ethical
Why thank you. You should wait for the rest. They are really easy to do and works wonders. I am only showing this here. I will be selling the E-book on HF.
quite nice, well written and keep up the great work Smiley, and you will make people smile ;)
Why thank you.