Support Forums

Full Version: Motivation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been wanting to do a lot of things but have never been motivated to go do them. I've also been depressed and suffer from: Insomnia, anxiety attacks, nightmares every night. I don't know why but I am going to see a therapist, but I don't believe in therapy and just want medicine. I know if I don't get pills that help I'm going to turn to drugs.

Its not really asking for help on those symptoms but any ideas on how to get motivated?
Some of witch are computer related, others are life goals.
Quote:but I don't believe in therapy and just want medicine.

In this case, therapy is six thousand times better than medicine. No medicine can motivate you, but therapy can. You don't "believe" in therapy.. it exists. It's been proven to help, and it does. My brother doesn't "believe" in it either, and it's stupid. Therapy helps MANY people. To name a few: Soldiers with PTSD, depressed people (teens and adults alike), people with anger problems, couples that are having problems with their marriage, and so on. If you swallow your pride and go see a therapist, you will be a LOT happier.

Yeah, 'cause drugs will help you, right?
No, they'll just make you more lazy. I'm not talking out of my as.s, I'm speaking from experience.
I've seen what most drugs do to people. Weed makes most people lazy; that's based off my observations. I'm sure some drug fanatic will come and argue with me, but it's what I've seen.
Cocaine, MDMA, and so on are out of the questions. Those won't help you at all.

Let's say you NEED to do schoolwork lest you fail. Here's a great motivator: Imagine you fail school and don't have the credentials to get into a university. Then what? You're stuck using your back 10 hours a day because you didn't try hard enough. Is that what you want? To think, "This f.ucking sucks." every day at some construction site? Or maybe a restaurant. You'd earn even less then.

What about your future family? Do you think your wife/husband wants to be the one who is making all of the money because they actually went to a university? What about your children? Is it fair to them that they don't have equal opportunity because they were born into a poor family? I'd say not.

Maybe such drastic consequences don't exist if you, say, don't learn C++, but the fact is that it will HELP you if you learn C++ (this is a hypothetical situation btw). Let's assume you know someone who wants a simple program that will take a screenshot after 15 seconds. This would be so simple to do with just some rudimentary knowledge of C++, but if you never got around to learning it, you might be out of 100+ dollars that that person would have paid you.

Look at me: I finally got around to starting a forum. I learned about MyBB, and while I'm still a newbie, I've earned $90 dollars from helping ONE person with MyBB installations and troubleshooting. That person now trusts me and comes to me when he has a job for me. I'm only 15, too.

If you take the time, it always works out in your favor.
Do you smoke marijuana? Marijuana is known to cause Amotivational syndrome

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/amot1.htm

http://www.megaessays.com/essay_search/A...drome.html

Amotivational syndrome is not only caused by smoking marijuana
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/a/amotivat.../intro.htm
I think you just need a push.

If you can fight through the first steps when it's the hardest I think you'll do fine, set small goals for yourself, achieve them, feel good about it, then move on and repeat.

Best of luck.

Ethical
Go for therapy mate.. It's much better tho.. Don't stress things out.. Take a break & go for vacation or something..
If you want pills you need to go to a PSYCHIATRIST, not just a therapist or psychologist.

Only psychiatrists are licensed physicians so they are the only ones who can prescribe medication. If you haven't gotten any pills yet, that's probably why.
Don't turn to pills to help get your life better, makes it worse. Don't get addicted to medicine trust me.

Do you have any friends? Any good ones that ya'll can go out and have fun? If not you need to get out and meet tons of new people and find friends that will get you the motivation you need, trust me. There are people in this world that would be more then willing to help you.
(04-07-2010, 08:42 AM)Amped Wrote: [ -> ]Don't turn to pills to help get your life better, makes it worse. Don't get addicted to medicine trust me.

Do you have any friends? Any good ones that ya'll can go out and have fun? If not you need to get out and meet tons of new people and find friends that will get you the motivation you need, trust me. There are people in this world that would be more then willing to help you.

Only a licensed physician (doctor) can, or should, make that determination. With the symptoms he's experiencing, he may be suffering from a mental disorder/chemical imbalance that could be significantly improved with the proper medication. There are many disorders that can ONLY be improved with medication and he may be suffering needlessly.
(04-07-2010, 08:58 AM)majordave Wrote: [ -> ]Only a licensed physician (doctor) can, or should, make that determination. With the symptoms he's experiencing, he may be suffering from a mental disorder/chemical imbalance that could be significantly improved with the proper medication. There are many disorders that can ONLY be improved with medication and he may be suffering needlessly.

Maybe, all I am saying is, don't get addicted to medicine to make your feel better, makes sense? My mother takes pills just to feel relaxed and I hate it, everytime I see her doped up on pills I don't even talk to her and tell her how I feel but she still does it, what my point being is, don't let medicine control your life.
Medicine won't motivate you the way therapy does, trust me.
Pages: 1 2 3