Support Forums

Full Version: Speech 4 - Getting over things.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From girlfriends/boyfriends, to demotions/lay offs, it's all there. Getting over things that aren't exactly the best things is apart of life.

"crap happens" is a saying that goes around multiple times. It's right. Life has it's ups and it's downs. The key to getting over things, is believing in yourself, and not staying on the same subject.

If your girlfriend/boyfriend has broken up with you, and you're absolutely heart broken, well, here's a tip. Think about other people. Replacement dating could work, maybe to make the other jealous or just to get over it. However, think about that other person while you're at it. Move on, hang out with friends, and try to talk to that person as a friend, nothing more.

If you're dealing with a job lay off, well, easy enough.. get on the spot right away. Instead of being upset for days, start looking and applying right away. Try to make yourself look like you're the best one for the job when applying.

The tip to this all is just to stay positive about yourself and talk to your friends or family to make yourself feel better about yourself and move on from tough times.
Very good points, I like the relationship one though the more you try and think about other people and try to date other people or even talk with your friends, the subject of your ex is going to come up some time and if you truly liked that person and wanted to be with them then it is really hard not to think of them (happened to me).
It's amazing how many people get so down by things like this and then by the time they've realised how silly they've been, their life is already ruined :/
(04-06-2010, 07:25 AM)Shadaw Wrote: [ -> ]It's amazing how many people get so down by things like this and then by the time they've realised how silly they've been, their life is already ruined :/

True, but some things come with time. At the time they cannot image a life without him/her. But what has to be remembered is that their was a life before him/her, and if it comes to it there can and will be a life after. You just don't want there to be, your words become like a self fulling prophecy with adds to their misery.
I totally agree, I don't seem to get down about girls or anything like that.
i agree.... Smile
(04-06-2010, 07:45 AM)Shadaw Wrote: [ -> ]I totally agree, I don't seem to get down about girls or anything like that.

Because you haven't found the right one, trust me. One day you will find a girl you just can't stop thinking about and maybe one day it will come crashing down, then you will realize why people get so down.
Thanks for this. I'm usually downed out if a chick breaks up with me. If this ever happens, I'll be sure to think of this guide, thanks.
(04-06-2010, 07:25 AM)Shadaw Wrote: [ -> ]It's amazing how many people get so down by things like this and then by the time they've realised how silly they've been, their life is already ruined :/

*cough*me*coughcough*
Sometimes staying positive is tiring, and you're too strong to be completely depressed. That's my situation, I normally am in a cool, calm, semi-depression.
Pages: 1 2