Support Forums

Full Version: How successful are .info domains?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have a .info domain right now and I was curious what the success is with this. Is it more is it less? I'd say it would be less but that is just my opinion.

Share your opinions please.
Less. People may forget what TLD is used, and go to .com, and .coms tend to be more "trusted" overall.
There is also a bigger market as more are more likely to go to a .com, then a .info with the same URL.
You can't base website success purely on it's domain. Yes a shitty domain wont work as well but it's how well the site is designed and managed and whether or not it is needed.

As to your question, I wouldn't judge a site badly on a .info domain. But I wont lie saying that I would prefer .com or something.
I am a member on your site, i think its foolish to say it makes a difference if you buy a *.info its the same thing. So personally i think your success rate wont be different on a different domain.
I have used them in teh past...the only way they are successful is if you can pick them up for $.01 or so right as they are expiring and host them yourself.
You are a member on my site? And by success, I mean members sign-ups in a specific time period.
(04-05-2010, 04:29 PM)Backslash Wrote: [ -> ]You are a member on my site? And by success, I mean members sign-ups in a specific time period.

it dosent deter people but sometimes they can find them hard to remember...no i havent signed up on your site but i would be glad to
I think someone would trust *.com more than *.info

Major sites use .com and .net, no major site really uses .info. I believe that's the reasoning behind it.
Was the .info domain cheaper? I think it is.
Yes, it was cheaper. That was why I went with it lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5