Support Forums

Full Version: Sound System for £200 ?`
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've never really had a decent sound system, once had 2 decent tower speaker things, when we lived in the old flat and they quality from those was amazing! Since then I've relied on an old pair of Harmon Kardon speakers, and my bose headphones.
Got some money coming through in a few weeks, £200 of which I want to spend on buying some speakers and 'speaker system', for my room.
Not so much a cinema system, more just for music and I tend to listen to most genres but mainly Dubstep, old Hiphop and Jazz, so speakers with clarity but bass.
I've looked on amazon and some other sites but am not sure of what to get as I'm no expert on the area so was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what I could get?
I'll check this thread regularly.
-Ru
Go to a local shop that sells stereos and actually knows what there talking about. Geet a good recommendation from then and you should be set!
(04-05-2010, 04:52 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]Go to a local shop that sells stereos and actually knows what there talking about. Geet a good recommendation from then and you should be set!

i agree go to a specialty store then order what you need on ebay or amazon
Go to computer exchange, they usually sell them cheap and quite good there. Or ebay Big Grin
(04-05-2010, 04:54 PM)Prone Wrote: [ -> ]Go to computer exchange, they usually sell them cheap and quite good there. Or ebay Big Grin

Yes that is quite a good idea!
I wouldn't just go off what a store rep says. Always do your research, look for things in your price range and look at reviews.
I have both an onkyo and a samsung system the price difference is about 500 dollars and the quality difference is only minimal except for the bass.
I'd go for Bose.
(04-05-2010, 05:46 PM)nFekted Wrote: [ -> ]I'd go for Bose.

Yeah, what I was thinking, my Bose headphones have kept me impressed so why shouldn't a bose sound system impress me more?
Thanks.
(04-05-2010, 04:52 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]Go to a local shop that sells stereos and actually knows what there talking about. Geet a good recommendation from then and you should be set!

Unanimous.
This is offtopic a little

but I think you should get an expensive one, you get what you pay for!
Pages: 1 2