Support Forums

Full Version: Python Award?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know we have 2 Python coders here, uber1337 and myself. Just wondering if it is a possibility create a python award for those who excel and contribute to the Python community.

Thanks
Yeah that's an idea. I'll see what I can pull up.
Omniscient; are you planning to add an award for all the languages.. just curious, as you've added a Ruby one and now possibly a Python one? Smile
wat is python?
Python is a programming language.
(02-20-2010, 04:29 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]Omniscient; are you planning to add an award for all the languages.. just curious, as you've added a Ruby one and now possibly a Python one? Smile

That would be quite awesome ^^
And it's a reason to learn to code Tongue
lol i like this idea and yes it might incourage more people to learn to code
I think we should have a general coding award, that can be given to the best coders, that stand out from the crowd. Adding an award for a specific coding language is like favouring a child over another. The child that isn't getting the attention will become jealous and feel unwanted. This is how those that use coding languages, other than Python, will feel.

I hope the above makes sense. If it doesn't, feel free to let me know and I'll try think of a better explanation.
(03-07-2010, 04:47 PM)Skill Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should have a general coding award, that can be given to the best coders, that stand out from the crowd. Adding an award for a specific coding language is like favouring a child over another. The child that isn't getting the attention will become jealous and feel unwanted. This is how those that use coding languages, other than Python, will feel.

I hope the above makes sense. If it doesn't, feel free to let me know and I'll try think of a better explanation.

That does make sense, and a general coding award would make sense, but so would an award for each and every language on SF. Though, that's a lot of awards to be made, and it would over shadow all of the other types of awards. So a general award for coding is the most logical solution.
(02-26-2010, 05:20 AM)Μαύρο Wrote: [ -> ]Python is a programming language.

Python is a scripting language.
Pages: 1 2 3